Virginia: important bills that are being heard Thursday (1/24/13) morning and evening

This is a discussion on Virginia: important bills that are being heard Thursday (1/24/13) morning and evening within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL] ...

Thread: Virginia: important bills that are being heard Thursday (1/24/13) morning and evening

VIP Member

Exclamation Virginia: important bills that are being heard Thursday (1/24/13) morning and evening

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Delegate Bob Marshall has just put in a bill, HB 2340 that will prohibit any state or local government employee from assisting the federal government in enforcing any new gun laws or Presidential Orders made after December 31, 2012! That bill is coming up in the Militia, Police, and Public Safety subcommittee #2 at 7:30 AM in the 4th Floor West Conference Room of the General Assembly Building. VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORTS HB 2340!

In the evening on Thursday at 5 PM in the Militia, Police, and Public Safety subcommittee #1 meets in the 4th Floor West Conference Room of the General Assembly Building to consider the following bills:

HB 1410, J.M Scott, takes away gun rights for various **misdemeanor** crimes. VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES

HB 1582, Cole, allows schools to hire armed guards. VCDL SUPPORTS

HB 2221, Hope, makes it a crime for someone to knowingly sell a gun to a person who is prohibited because of mental health reasons. VCDL IS NEUTRAL

HB 2240, Cosgrove, provides certain criminal history information to federal government NICS system. The Virginia State Police have raised an issue dealing with juveniles where sharing of certain information should not be done because of Virginia policies on automatic restoration of rights. VCDL OPPOSES

HB 2251, Lopez, outlaws magazines that hold more than 20 rounds. VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES

HB 2263, Krupicka, allows the police to confiscate the guns of someone who a mental health professional feels might be a threat to their life or the lives of others, based solely on the word of said professional. VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES

HB 2281, Ward, requires a person to report lost or stolen firearms within a short period of time or there are criminal penalties for the victim. VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES

HB 2317, Anderson, allows someone who is in the military, lives in a nearby state, and commutes to their duty station, to be able to purchase a gun in Virginia. VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORTS

HB 2327, Brink, reinstates One Handgun a Month. VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES

HB 2342, Lingamfelter, speeds up background checks for CHP holders purchasing a gun. VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORTS

ACTION ITEM

To send an email on the above bills to your Delegate, click the link below:

VCDL's "Write Your Legislators" Tool
    VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

---------

If you can join the folk at the hearing(s) and speak, please do.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Done.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Good news!!! Marsh's gun show bill died in Senate Courts minutes ago.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links