A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence

This is a discussion on A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mike Thompson: A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence - WSJ.com Mike Thompson: A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence Americans support universal background checks, ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH
  • 2 Post By phreddy
  • 2 Post By KBSR

Thread: A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence

VIP Member

A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence

Mike Thompson: A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence - WSJ.com

Mike Thompson: A Middle Path to Reducing Gun Violence
    Americans support universal background checks, stronger prosecution of gun offenses and limits on ammunition.

As a hunter and gun owner, I believe that we should protect the Second Amendment right of law-abiding individuals to own firearms.

SNIP

IMHO, whenever you get to any "As a hunter and gun owner, I believe that we should protect the Second Amendment..." you know the right to self-defence and defensive carry is being undermined.

emawildcat likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

I am consistently amused by the antis trying to legitimize their policies by claiming to be "a hunter".

Even if they actually are a hunter, and not just posed for a newspaper at a waterfowling event one day, the 2nd amendment is nothing to do with hunting.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Unfortunately for us, many hunters are not fully on board with us. As long as hunting is preserved, they do not care about gun laws. I believe this is a new tactic to take advantage of that fact. The anti's know there is weakness among our numbers as far as being staunch advocates of the 2nd amendment goes. Plus is is too easy to get a quick photo op to "prove" they are hunters and then pack the borrowed gun away.
    DaveH and cmdrdredd like this.

I figured I should post this picture again since I can't stand when they spew out the "I've hunted duck once in my life so I support the second amendment" jibberish.

I also want to pass a law that states "politicians are banned from use of the words "but" and "however" in their articles and speeches to smooth the transition from their poorly sugar coated opening paragraphs to their agenda that contradicts what they've just stated in said paragraphs."

Just "No"

No compromise. NO, nada!!! Are we clear?
    pittypat21 and ccw9mm like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunn217 View Post
    I also want to pass a law that states "politicians are banned from use of the words "but" and "however" in their articles and speeches to smooth the transition from their poorly sugar coated opening paragraphs to their agenda that contradicts what they've just stated in said paragraphs."
    Let's just BAN politicians and solve all of the Country's problems.
    If we would go back to the original intent and just elect people who wanted to serve their country for a few years then go back to a real life and let the next group take over, we would be in much better shape in very little time.
    We may even get a real budget, a balanced one at that.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't...bad?

Universal background checks? Unnecessary.

Stronger prosecution for violent criminals and gun-related offenses? Check.

Limits on Ammo? Never.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I do not consider them getting some of what they want and us getting nothing "middle path." I call it a slippery slope. It will just be a matter of time until they come back for the rest.

He calls for strengtening the laws agaisnt straw purchasing but does not mention that the BATFE prosecutes so few (70 out of over 77,000 in 2009) of the cases that the current laws mean nothing. Enforce the current laws!

Links