New Rules on Ebay! - Page 2

New Rules on Ebay!

This is a discussion on New Rules on Ebay! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Idiots at Ebay... makes me so mad!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Rules on Ebay!

Idiots at Ebay... makes me so mad!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Not purchasing anything from Ebay.

Gunbroker...been using them for years.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I sorta understand the whole thing about not wanting to facilitate possible mailing and state laws about firearms sales. I totally do not understand the "restricted" nature of holsters.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Ebay making rules that makes them suck even more? That can't be!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    This is not even a law and yet Ebay caves and makes it appear that it is law.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

They never get my money. Will pay a buck more somewhere else before going through them.
    ...T. Ray

Administrator
    As a person that used to buy and sell quite a bit on ebay...(no longer selling) I have to admit that is has gotten much more difficult to find great deals on ebay.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Re: New Rules on Ebay!

About two weeks ago there were several listings for 30rd. mags. I bid on a few and was later sent an email that the auctions were taken down. I guess ebay was using the excuse that the "seller" has terminated the auction, so it would seem that it was not done by their mandate.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

"Flash Suppressors" why the hell are they banning suspenders,gonna be more crack out now than before
    JayHawker45 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Im definitely not advertising but I literally just found this to verify that they are blocking and this is either allowed or it slipped through the crack ....

1 Magpul PMAG 30 Gen M2 Black Magazine 5 56 223 | eBay
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I sorta understand the whole thing about not wanting to facilitate possible mailing and state laws about firearms sales. I totally do not understand the "restricted" nature of holsters.
    What restricted nature? I list several of mine with actual guns in them. They tweaked the rules on photos a while back. I had to call them and push pretty hard for the actual rule that would not allow it after they ended an auction. It took her a while to realize it was not there.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    As a person that used to buy and sell quite a bit on ebay...(no longer selling) I have to admit that is has gotten much more difficult to find great deals on ebay.
    And one reason for that is their ridiculous amounts charged for selling. I produce electronic products for ham radio operators and eBay charges nearly 10% of the selling value PLUS insertion fees. So I buy $300 worth of parts, build the unit, sell for $400 and eBay gets about $40 of my $100 profit. That's a lot of scratch for doing absolutely nothing except provide a forum for me to advertise in.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Here is the email they sent me when they pulled my listing:

You recently listed the following listing:

150971469747 - USA - SKS steel 30 rd magazine 7.62x39

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds or you listed a magazine for a firearm and did not indicate how many rounds the magazines can hold. eBay only allows the sale of magazines that hold less than 10 rounds. We've decided that some firearm parts are not right for our marketplace or our business. You can still purchase these items from other businesses in the U.S.

We know it is frustrating to have your item removed, but please do not relist it.

Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.

eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing.

For more information on our policy, please review visit the Firearms section of the following link: Firearms, weapons, and knives policy

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
    Prohibited and restricted items ? overview

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
    http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...OA&From=163954

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links