Reply From Senator Rob Portman

This is a discussion on Reply From Senator Rob Portman within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally, the words "I am a hunter and supporter of the 2nd Amendment" not immediately followed by a "but". I have always liked this guy. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Reply From Senator Rob Portman

VIP Member

Finally, the words "I am a hunter and supporter of the 2nd Amendment" not immediately followed by a "but". I have always liked this guy.

"From: "Senator Rob Portman" <no_reply@portman.senate.gov>

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting me about our Second Amendment rights. It is good to hear from you.

I am a gun owner who believes in the right to bear arms in defense of self, family and property. During my 12 years serving in Congress, I received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association for defending our Constitutional Rights. I opposed the so-called "assault weapons ban" and opposed the Brady Bill. I supported repealing both the Clinton gun ban and the Washington, D.C. gun ban. I voted to protect the private information of gun owners; to protect state gun laws; and to protect firearm and ammunition manufacturers, dealers or importers from lawsuits and damages related to criminal misuse by a third party.

As a life-long hunter, I also believe the rights and freedoms of hunters must be guarded and I developed an executive order that the president signed to enhance hunting and fishing opportunities at wildlife refuges and national preserves. As your Senator, I will continue to protect our Constitutional freedoms and will be a strong advocate for preserving these rights and traditions for future generations.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. For more information, I encourage you to visit my website at Rob Portman. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,
    Rob Portman
    U.S. Senator"
    darbo likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Well, good....

Maybe we'll just have to ban words for previous offenders... not everybody.

I like it.
    KoriBustard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    There are some good, responsible, clear-thinking legislators out there!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Senator Portman got my vote last time he ran for office, and will continue to get my vote as long as he maintains that attitude. Unfortunately, our other senator, Brown, is a democrat and a "yes" man for Obama. He did NOT get my vote this past election. Unfortunately, we are stuck with him and his anti-gun views for 6 more years.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Sponsored Links