Virginia: Delegate Bob Marshall's bill to allow school employees to carry firearms

This is a discussion on Virginia: Delegate Bob Marshall's bill to allow school employees to carry firearms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL] ...

Thread: Virginia: Delegate Bob Marshall's bill to allow school employees to carry firearms

VIP Member

Exclamation Virginia: Delegate Bob Marshall's bill to allow school employees to carry firearms

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Bob Marshall's HB 1557 is to be heard by the Governor's Task Force on Thursday, January 24, at 4 PM in the East Reading Room of the Patrick Henry Building.

Let's send an email to some of the key members of the Task Force:

Suggested subject: Allow school boards to protect schools - Support HB 1557!

Suggested text:

Please support HB 1557, Delegate Bob Marshall's bill to allow school boards to select certain trained individuals to be able to carry a concealed handgun to protect our schools!

[Your name and address]

-

Here are the email address to send the above message to. Just copy and paste as one long line:

marla.decker@governor.virginia.gov, donna.michaelis@dcjs.virginia.gov, tom.bradshaw@vsp.virginia.gov, Garth.wheeler@dcjs.virginia.gov, Mark.gooch@djj.virginia.gov, aatkinson@vcoy.virginia.gov, delmransone@house.virginia.gov, jchildrey@oag.state.va.us, vafop@aol.com, delbmarshall@house.virginia.gov
    It isn't all that I, Dave Hicks, would want. But it's a positive compromise -- such as I keep hearing that the antis want.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

---------

FYI from VCDL's 2013 Legislation Tracking Tool

School boards; employee firearms training. Requires every school board in the Commonwealth to designate at least one qualified person for every school in the district who, upon application with the school board, may carry a concealed handgun on school property. The bill requires all designated persons, including certain school division employees, certain school volunteers who carry valid concealed handgun permits, and certain retired law-enforcement officers, to be certified and trained by the Virginia Center for School Safety or the National Rifle Association in the storage, use, and handling of a concealed handgun. The bill also outlines the training requirements for designated persons as designed by the Department of Criminal Justice Services.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

way to go VA!

Yep! That's what I have been advocating!

Jim

Links