CT: Bipartisan Task Force Testimony
This is a discussion on CT: Bipartisan Task Force Testimony within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may be your only chance to voice your opinion about the upcoming legislation in CT. The hearing is next Monday. If you can make ...
January 23rd, 2013 08:39 PM
CT: Bipartisan Task Force testimony
This may be your only chance to voice your opinion about the upcoming legislation in CT. The hearing is next Monday. If you can make it in person, fantastic. If not, please take a minute and submit an email testimonial to firstname.lastname@example.org
Just some of the nonsense we're up against...
Connecticut Legislators Eye Long List of Gun-Control Measures; Public Hearing Set for Monday, Jan. 28
- To require firearm owners to maintain liability insurance
- Establish a sales tax on the sale of ammunition at a rate of 50 percent and require all ammunition to be purchased in person.
- An outright ban on ALL modern sporting rifles classifying them as "Assault Weapons."
- Restricting your ability to defend yourself and family by arbitrarily restricting the magazine size to 10 rounds.
- Confiscating ALL magazines holding more than 10 rounds, pistols included.
- Statewide gun registration for ALL firearms; knowing full well criminals won't ever register their guns.
- Re-registration every 2 years with ever increasing fees.
- Requires permit for any rifle with a pistol grip.
- Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
- Registration of all ammunition purchases.
- Bans internet sales of ammo in Connecticut.
- Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the U.S. Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.
A Safer Connecticut | Connecticut General Assembly
January 28, 2013 10:00 a.m.
Gun Violence Prevention Working Group
Legislative Office Bldg. Room 2C
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
January 23rd, 2013 08:44 PM
Much stupid there. The permit for rifles with a pistol grip stands out as particularly inane to me.
January 23rd, 2013 08:48 PM
Fancy name that..."Gun Violence Prevention Working Group" but the people who have firearms for sport and defense are not violent...people who are won't be affected. We know this, they probably do too but don't care. They want to be famous and have their name published. With the headline "Senator signs bill to reduce gun violence".
Sounds great doesn't it?
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.
January 23rd, 2013 09:05 PM
I emailed them a copy of the report from Unv of Chicago. Maybe they will read it and be sheep.
Search tags for this page
email testimonials ct legislative
how do i register pistol magazines in ct
testimony at the bipartisan task force
what was the outcome of the gun control vote in ct jan 28, 2013
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors