Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum - Page 2

Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

This is a discussion on Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mwhartman I have to believe that were the stakes different and the First Amendment was at risk that joker would have a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I have to believe that were the stakes different and the First Amendment was at risk that joker would have a much different attitude.
    Yep. It's amazing to me how many people want to pick and choose which rights are important. They fail to realize that they were included in the Bill Of Rights exactly because they are all important.

Just listening to some of the comments in the opening segments of the video made my head spin. That's what we're up aginst folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    As a Vet I, certainly support his position.

My fear is some fool will try & court-marshal him because he was in uniform.

Hope he stays safe.
    Not quite. He was wearing a 'flight-type' jacket.... authorized wear for certin services in specific jobs and locals.... but he was in civies and wearing that particular jacket out of uniform may or may not be authorized depending on his Commanders orders.

Active duty personal are NOT allowed to wear their uniforms or uniform 'items' at political rallies and such, but I don't think that fourm in the video would constitute that.

I think he either is a vetern no longer active duty OR an active-duty service member just wearing his jacket. He said he's a vetern so I'm assuming he's not active-duty any longer.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Good for him. It says a lot when the people of Chicago come out in force like that.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post
    Good for the Vet! Very well said. Unfortunately you are better off talking to a horses ass then that guy. He has his opinion in his mind and nothing will change it.

Sad!

Be safe!
    He was talking to a horses ass!!!
    AZ_Larz_NY likes this.

Lee Goodman (Stop Concealed Carry Coalition, the guy dressed in all black) is a very good example of the progressive left view of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Only people that are in my social class and political beliefs have rights. People in other social classes and differing political beliefs don’t need rights because my social class is has the only rational and intellectually correct view and therefore we will tell the others how to live their life.

I believe that the progressive left’s objective is to overturn the 2nd Amendment. They know that they cannot succeed using the procedure defined in the Constitution so they attempt to regulate it to the point that they have achieved their goal.

Is “….shall not be infringed” in the 2nd Amendment any less clear than “Congress shall make no law….” in the 1st Amendment?

We need more people like him to stand up around the nation!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Great job. Tough, simple questions when faced with insanity. We could all learn from that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    They are standing up for our nation. The problem is, they are all overseas.

The sheeple back home are screwing them while they are gone.

The rest of us have to stand up. Write our Legislators - both state & federal. Demonstrate. Be vocal. We have to counter this administrations propaganda machine.

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    You are that person. At least thats what this WWII poster implies to me.

defend-american-freedom-its-everybodys-job-war-is-hell-store.jpg
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Great post OP.............
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

More info on the Vet.

‘[Tyranny Is] Not a Wolf That Dies’: Our Exclusive Interview With the Air Force Vet Behind That Viral 2nd Amendment Defense
    Jan. 24, 2013 7:34am Erica Ritz

?[Tyranny Is] Not a Wolf That Dies?: Our Exclusive Interview With the Air Force Vet Behind That Viral 2nd Amendment Defense | TheBlaze.com

I wonder how many of these "stop concealed acrry" people have ever had a knife to their throat, come home to a ransacked house, been robbed at gunpoint, or had a family member hurt by some thug. They live in a bubble until someone or something forces them to confront the reality that some people are capable of terrible things. Protect yourself or become a victim.
    Poseidon likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

"When I see people like this, I am always shocked. I just cannot fathom the reasons a person would spend their time and efforts trying to restrict the freedoms of others. It's scary."
    It's all about control.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

We need more people like this in America
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links