Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

This is a discussion on Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LiveLeak.com - Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum even people of Chicago are getting tired. if this thread is inappropriate and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

LiveLeak.com - Vet Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum even people of Chicago are getting tired. if this thread is inappropriate and does not fit in this sub forum admins please be free and move it to appropriate one.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Nice
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

As a Vet I, certainly support his position.

My fear is some fool will try & court-marshal him because he was in uniform.

Hope he stays safe.

Awesome...

The "stop concealed carry" guy said people look at laws and see if they are relevant. The constitution and specifically the bill of rights aren't normal laws. They are a list of rights that every person who is an American has. It says not one word about being adapted for the times.

It's not like the laws about where to tie up your horse in the city. That's not relevant for most areas so those types of laws have just been scratched off. Laws are restrictive, but sometimes necessary for a civil society. Rights are not restrictive and are always necessary for a free society. That's just my opinion on it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

But you see that this guy is still dead set on his ways. Until he himself is defenseless and threatened, he will not care or understand. That is our enemy, study them, they will be the reason this country falls. Interpreting the constitution is illegal

Bet he was surprised, he walked into a room full of non-sheeple. Hee Hee
    darbo likes this.

He's the strong one. He has nothing to worry about these days. He is exactly what society creates
    d2jlking likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Awesome...

The "stop concealed carry" guy said people look at laws and see if they are relevant. The constitution and specifically the bill of rights aren't normal laws. They are a list of rights that every person who is an American has. It says not one word about being adapted for the times.

It's not like the laws about where to tie up your horse in the city. That's not relevant for most areas so those types of laws have just been scratched off. Laws are restrictive, but sometimes necessary for a civil society. Rights are not restrictive and are always necessary for a free society. That's just my opinion on it.
    Excellent point!! Thank you for posting it!

When I see people like this, I am always shocked. I just cannot fathom the reasons a person would spend their time and efforts trying to restrict the freedoms of others. It's scary. Good for the vet. I was very happy to see how many people actually stood up at the end to support his position.
    thephanatik likes this.

Quoted from above "When I see people like this, I am always shocked. I just cannot fathom the reasons a person would spend their time and efforts trying to restrict the freedoms of others. It's scary." I couldn't agree more with your statement

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    When I see people like this, I am always shocked. I just cannot fathom the reasons a person would spend their time and efforts trying to restrict the freedoms of others. It's scary. Good for the vet. I was very happy to see how many people actually stood up at the end to support his position.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people in gun restricted areas who would very much like to be allowed to carry a handgun like we do.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Anti gunners are like atheist, when push comes to shove it is a whole different story. I've seen many atheist ask for gods help and I am sure there have been many anti gunners that have been placed in a situation where they wished for a gun.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Good for the Vet! Very well said. Unfortunately you are better off talking to a horses ass then that guy. He has his opinion in his mind and nothing will change it.

Sad!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Anti gunners are like atheist, when push comes to shove it is a whole different story. I've seen many atheist ask for gods help and I am sure there have been many anti gunners that have been placed in a situation where they wished for a gun.
    Reminds me of the joke.

An atheist is walking in the woods when he encounters a grizzly bear, he starts running but cannot out run the bear, when he gets to the edge of the cliff, he is scared as he has no where else to go, he gets on his knees and prays for GOD to help him. With that the bear freezes in mid air and GOD speaks. He says you want my help? You never believed in me. The man says please give this bear some religion then. With that the bear stops and bows his head, Lord, thank you for this food which we are about to receive.

AMEN!

Be safe
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Awesome...

I have to believe that were the stakes different and the First Amendment was at risk that joker would have a much different attitude.
    cmdrdredd and Rock and Glock like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links