About Feinstein's Bill Thursday......

This is a discussion on About Feinstein's Bill Thursday...... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know very little about congressional proceedings. Once the Wicked Witch of the West introduces her trampling of the 2nd Amendment, what's the expected timeline? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: About Feinstein's Bill Thursday......

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

I know very little about congressional proceedings. Once the Wicked Witch of the West introduces her trampling of the 2nd Amendment, what's the expected timeline? Will the Senate vote right away, will it take days or weeks, or are there lots of possibilities?

In other words, whatever is going to happen will most likely happen in what time frame?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: About Feinstein's Bill Thursday......

As Harry Reid has already indicated, he won't let anything come up for a vote that he knows won't pass through the House. He would put red state Democrat senators on record who need to get re-elected in 2014 if he allowed a vote. Put another way, he doesn't have the votes to pass anything and it's the members of his own party who will not allow anything too drastic to pass the Senate. All of this is good for us!

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by RightyLefty; January 24th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

The majority leader has to allow it come to the floor before it can be voted on, she will explain the bill then Harry will state whether he will allow it to be voted on. You will not see a vote tomorrow, next week, or next month. Reid has already stated the only way he will allow the bill to come to vote is with the agreement of the republicans to raise the debt ceiling to infinity...you and I know that wont happen. Reid wont allow his Democrats to vote on an assault weapons ban because he knows his 5 seat majority in the senate is vulnerable and with a vote on the assault weapons ban, every senator whose a democrat and voted for the ban who is up for re-election will more than likely loose their seat come 2014. Look at the Clinton ban, he lost the house and senate after the previous 94 ban was put into place. Reid may be a liberal whom I agree nothing with, but he's not an idiot. He wont commit political suicide; which is what that bill would be.
    soonershoote and mano3 like this.
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by 45XDCCW View Post
    The majority leader has to allow it come to the floor before it can be voted on, she will explain the bill then Harry will state whether he will allow it to be voted on. You will not see a vote tomorrow, next week, or next month. Reid has already stated the only way he will allow the bill to come to vote is with the agreement of the republicans to raise the debt ceiling to infinity...you and I know that wont happen. Reid wont allow his Democrats to vote on an assault weapons ban because he knows his 5 seat majority in the senate is vulnerable and with a vote on the assault weapons ban, every senator whose a democrat and voted for the ban who is up for re-election will more than likely loose their seat come 2014. Look at the Clinton ban, he lost the house and senate after the previous 94 ban was put into place. Reid may be a liberal whom I agree nothing with, but he's not an idiot. He wont commit political suicide; which is what that bill would be.
    I hope to God this is true.

Look...it's outta our hands. All we can do is wait and see and prepare for the worst. Gee this is reminding me of November

Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Look...it's outta our hands. All we can do is wait and see and prepare for the worst. Gee this is reminding me of November
    I would have to disagree friend, on the fact that it's out of our hands. We can keep writing, calling, and emailing our reps. It's not too late until they vote and even then we can demand an federal lawsuit from our attorney generals etc.
    Last edited by Crowbait; January 24th, 2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Spellng
    phreddy and smolck like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

It seems like with all things being discussed more recently. It is starting to come too light how ridicules some of these anti's are starting to look. The media seems to be a little more compliant as to reveling what the real pros and cons are all about over all of this recent hoopla. Some of the talking heads are still adamant about certain aspects while, most have done a 380 realizing just what the true aspects of what the reality over all of this is. I don't think it is going to be quite as bad as we all thought. There might be some adjustments but no where's near as bad as we first thought.

These new NY laws have kind ah worked in our favor in a way's, by restricting mag limitations to anything less then 15-rounds they have succeeded in confiscating 94% of all the firearms the Common Law Abiding American Citizen owns, adding to that, the recent release of the NY law's amendments that didn't make it through. It is changing the politicians relationship with the common citizen's trust in them. So much so, that more and more people are starting to realize just how goofy some of these chest beaters really are, and how uneducated and misleading they are when it comes to firearms, example; as when it comes to simply explaining what a hand-guard rail is on an AR.....

you know that thingee that flips over your shoulder?

I hope to God the Republicans don't cave on the debt ceiling.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Re: About Feinstein's Bill Thursday......

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne.../?nmredir=true

Keep in mind there are a lot of bills in the House that we have to worry about too!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    I hope to God the Republicans don't cave on the debt ceiling.
    They did.

I read where Feinstein opened with a prayer. What's going on? They won't let kids in school say a prayer but she gets up shoots off her mouth. What a crock!
    Crowbait, soonershoote and mano3 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

She is trying to appeal to centrist dems and Christians by praying, you know, make a mockery of prayer but hopefully a few million think she is really a God-fearing granny who only has the children's best interest at heart. She hopes that no ones figures out she is a Jew only for political reasons and is loath to even have that Pastor Kelly in the same room as her.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I read where Feinstein opened with a prayer. What's going on? They won't let kids in school say a prayer but she gets up shoots off her mouth. What a crock!
    You can't fool God...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I have had no luck finding the text of her proposal. I have read much about the 120 "banned" weapons and the 900 "permitted" or whatever the magic numbers of the day are..and also no luck in finding the list of "characteristics" that supposedly define an "assault weapon"...has anyone found a link to the specific lists?

It is out of our hands.Write to whoever,but,we aren't up there in those meetings obviously.Who knows when the ones you write to may even read it.We can't vote on the laws,it's out of our hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links