KY Congressman Thomas Massie Response

This is a discussion on KY Congressman Thomas Massie Response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you for contacting me about the Second Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you. On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By blanco64
  • 1 Post By SpringerXD

Thread: KY Congressman Thomas Massie Response

Thank you for contacting me about the Second Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you.

On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in Newtown. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, as well as to their families and loved ones. Now is the time to reflect on how we can best prevent acts like this in a way that does not violate our Second Amendment rights.

In response to this tragedy, several pieces of legislation are expected to be introduced in the 113th Congress by gun control advocates. For example, Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein has already announced her plan to introduce a renewal of the "assault weapons" ban.

President Obama has announced his own gun control agenda. His plan calls for various legislative proposals and threatens to implement twenty-three "executive actions." These include the passage of a federal gun trafficking law, and background checks on all gun sales. I oppose such gun control proposals because they are unconstitutional, and they do not keep Americans safe.

I will work vigorously to defend the rights of gun owners. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is not principally about hunting or recreation. In fact, the Second Amendment to our Constitution is our Founding Fathers' restatement of our natural God-given right to defend life, liberty, and property.

I'm a decade-long concealed carry permit holder and Class III firearms collector. When I was twelve years old, my father bought me my first gun, an H&R .410 shotgun. In the course of hunting in the woods of Kentucky, he taught me the great responsibility that comes with ownership of a firearm. Now that I am a father of four, I enjoy teaching these same lessons to my children through hunting and target practice.

On January 3rd, I introduced H.R. 133, the Citizens Protection Act of 2013. This bill would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990. Gun-free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.

In the coming weeks, I will discuss with my colleagues and constituents the best ways to combat horrendous acts of violence without violating the Second Amendment. I value your input and will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress debates these issues.

Glad you contacted him. Great response! I've yet to hear from McConnell, Rand Paul OR Andy Barr.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I received the same response from him the other day, I have yet to hear from either Senator as of yet.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Same here, I've heard from Massie twice now. I've sent a few to Rand Paul; no response, though he does make his stance clear on his Web site. I've written McConnell no less than five times, different letter each time, and still nothing.
    Last edited by krisspy; January 24th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Massie deserves a salute.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Same here, I've heard from Massie twice now. I've sent a few to Rand Paul; no response, though he does make his stance clear on his Web site. I've written McConnell so less than five times, different letter each time, and still nothing.
    Rand Paul is probably the last guy in the congress that you should worry about. I'm really liking Kentucky's stance on all of this.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

NMB
    One of the few who didnt give some BS wishy washy answer.

A solid +1 for us.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Re: KY Congressman Thomas Massie Response

Rand Paul doesn't have time to send a letter, he is too busy trying to block potus on just about anything....I'd worry more about that Mitch guy...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

I emailed my Federal Government reps back on Jan. 4th. I got a generic reply email from Rand Paul's office detailing how he opposes all of Obama's policies and I received a recorded phone message from Mitch McConnell describing how he intends to protect our 2nd Amendment rights from Obama and others. The only one I haven't heard from is my Representative, Brett Guthrie. I found that odd because we have not only met, but we used to go to church together before his family joined a sister congregation in town. I need to write a follow up letter to all of them!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Guess it's time to send the next round of letters to my elected officials.

Ive emailed them all got no response from any. Except Rand Paul and that was a generic message. McConnell is really the only one I worry about not holding to his guns so to speak

Re: KY Congressman Thomas Massie Response

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Same here, I've heard from Massie twice now. I've sent a few to Rand Paul; no response, though he does make his stance clear on his Web site. I've written McConnell no less than five times, different letter each time, and still nothing.
    I think Massie and Paul have both made their thoughts very clear on this issue. I haven't seen anything from McConnell that states his position as strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Ive emailed them all got no response from any. Except Rand Paul and that was a generic message. McConnell is really the only one I worry about not holding to his guns so to speak
    McConnell has submitted a bill proposing elimination of the Gun Free School Zones restrictions on the carry and/or discharge of firearms in schools zones. Am assuming he'll be strongly backing his own, there.

As to whether he'll be on board with any of the others ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links