Today is the day - Page 2

Today is the day

This is a discussion on Today is the day within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Listened for awhile..............everyone there is blaming the GUN.....no one has discussed the mental state of our citizens......can't watch this BS anymore......these people IMO......want to do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Today is the day

Listened for awhile..............everyone there is blaming the GUN.....no one has discussed the mental state of our citizens......can't watch this BS anymore......these people IMO......want to do away with the US Constitution as it suits them.
    d2jlking likes this.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    DiFi, boxer, chuck, rangle, McCarthy, are beyond nuts, but liberal grabbers don't care as long as these useful idiots push the far left progressive agenda.
    I really hope that some centrist dems step up and help flush this turd...
    Interesting comment, considering that in some very vocal, left wing venues, I have been seeing the moderates, especially those who support and value their 2A rights getting crapped all over and getting pushed out. Moderators, senior members, and other trusted individuals who had made long contributions getting shoved out, apparently because thy now represent the wrong message. In some regards, I think it is a spooked sheep syndrome and yet I get the feeling that it is being pushed from the outside, as in $$$ influence too.

Any news yet?

I haven't found anything online but I have been busy today.

Can someone explain why certain firearms are listed by name on the proposed ban when the various features of these weapons are already identified?

"An ‘assault rifle' is any weapon that has a “a detachable magazine” and one of a “pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.”

From the viewpoint of documentation, this seems redundant and gives the impression that the author is not knowledgeable on the subject.
    Does this mean that if I attach a flare launcher to my double barreled shotgun that it would then fall under the ban? I could at least respect the party that drafted these documents if it appeared as if some serious thought went into them. If I wanted to propose a ban, I'd go for the functionality of the firearms. Why not look at the patents that the proposed firearms hold and work off of that?

I also noticed that the Vz.58 and a few others were not included on the list. Some owners may feel left out... :(

VIP Member
    The purpose is to dry up the supply of these weapons over time ~ Dianne Feinstein 1/24/13
    The video here: Dems Reintroduce ?Assault Weapons? Ban (and List Shows It?s Not Just Rifles): ?Purpose Is to Dry Up the Supply of These Weapons Over Time? | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw504 View Post
    Can someone explain why certain firearms are listed by name on the proposed ban when the various features of these weapons are already identified?

"An ‘assault rifle' is any weapon that has a “a detachable magazine” and one of a “pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.”

From the viewpoint of documentation, this seems redundant and gives the impression that the author is not knowledgeable on the subject.
    Does this mean that if I attach a flare launcher to my double barreled shotgun that it would then fall under the ban? I could at least respect the party that drafted these documents if it appeared as if some serious thought went into them. If I wanted to propose a ban, I'd go for the functionality of the firearms. Why not look at the patents that the proposed firearms hold and work off of that?

I also noticed that the Vz.58 and a few others were not included on the list. Some owners may feel left out... :(
    Yes. Modifying an existing weapon yourself by installing a feature such as a "forward grip" would transform the weapon into an "assault weapon" and you would now be in possession of a banned firearm and could be subject to arrest and prosecution and most likely confiscation of all your firearms at the time of your arrest.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    This is just as dumb as the 1994 ban.

These two pictures show two rifles that operate similarly & use the same ammunition.....but one is on the banned list & the other isn't.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

' Assault' rifles first because its harder to resist tyranny armed with a 22 derringer.

Just look at the bright side.

Feinstein just made us all a good shopping list.

Interesting exposure of the agenda here- on video - oops- wonder why this hasn't made the news:

NY Assemblyman exposes real gun control CONFISCATION agenda of Democrats » The Right Scoop -

VIP Member
    Guns are scary...

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Today is the day

The purpose of the list is to outlaw specific guns. The specific features ie pistol grip acts as a catch all any weapons they didn't list. By naminf "military" style guns, the uninformed can nod in approval. Meanwhile many other guns will also be outlawed without having to name them and upset hunters, sportsman, etc.... Its a sham
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Re: Today is the day

In the immortal words of Joe Biden "we need more gun laws because we are not able to enforce the ones we already have".....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Single issue voters. Gay rights support? People vote based on that. Abortion rights support? People vote based on that.

I bet someone could say "criminals are bad" and there would be someone to vote for them just for one phrase they read or heard.

Many people simply do not research the people they vote for.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    You know in my 57 years of life, 39 of which I have been a voter, I have never been a single issue or "litmus test" voter... As a result of this "Guns & Gun control issue" I have become one.

Infringing on the Second Amendment is the single issue I will vote on in the next election(s). In the last several years, I have been a "vote them all out" voter... I still am....

But anyone; local, state, or federal, who votes to further restrict, tax, ban, or otherwise usurp my second amendment rights, will not get my vote in their next election cycle.

Anyone seeking election who has a record of doing any of the above, or who says they will do any of the above, will not get my vote.

The above are, from now on, my first criteria. Otherwise, if at all possible, within the above criteria, I will not vote for an incumbent.

I have come to more fully believe that the Second Amendment is the final bulwark that protects the rest.

If a politician is willing to waffle over, work around, or in any other way, by any means, circumvent the second amendment; one "jot or tittle" beyond which it is currently infringed: They are dangerous. They are seditious. They are enemies of this country, and all that it stands for.
    phreddy and d2jlking like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links