8K views 97 replies 63 participants last post by  Randall757 
#1 ·

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#35 ·
Reactions: Duisburg
#37 ·
Are they trying to ban the Glock 17?

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
I believe the Glock 18 is a fully automatic version of the Glock 17.

#38 ·
Are they trying to ban the Glock 17?

I believe the Glock 18 is a fully automatic version of the Glock 17.
Yep...poor wording

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3

#39 ·
Hmmmm, how often are those weapons used in a crime?

Does anyone know when a belt fed weapon was used in a crime?

#40 ·
Hate to show my ignorance, but I am not aware of any belt fed weapons that are not machine guns. Seems to me a belt fed weapon would be a little hard to carry around. ????

#45 ·
Did y'all read what she has listed as "AR type" rifles? The CX-4 Storm, the FAL, the PS90, all the HK 90 series, the AUG, and the friggin' Hi-Point carbine, to name a few. Did someone say that the author of this list of brand names knew what they were talking about?

Reactions: Bark'n
#48 ·
I don't think anyone (even themselves) believes they know what they're talking about in this regard. They only know it's necessary. Doesn't matter that the "shall not be infringed" wording will get a bit frayed in the process. (No thanks to SCOTUS on that aspect of the Heller decision. We knew it would create potential for a landslide, and we're in it.)

#46 ·
It's time for us as gun owners to strongly encourage our Congressmen & women to initiate impeachment proceedings against Feinstein, Schumer, et al. They have failed to uphold their oath to protect & defend our Constitution & it's time
that we remove them from office;(since their Kool-Aid drinking Constituents will not vote them out of office.) Even if impeachment proceedings are initiated & they doesn't eventually end up being impeached;(which is the most likely scenario in the Democratically controlled Senate) maybe they'll get the message that messing with Americans' enumerated rights just isn't worth the political capital.

#52 ·
I just realized that the semi-auto versions do the M1 Thompson is on the list. As a WWII collector who can never afford a real M1 Thompson (unless I win the lotto) that's the only one I can afford at $2,000 which is about $10,000 cheaper than a real one.

I would like for someone to find where an Auto- Ordance replica has been used in a crime

#55 ·
That's a dumb statement from a dumb person. Not a direct quote: "When my husband had cancer and I walked to the hospital...I carried a concealed weapon"

So how exactly are you safe or unsafe simply based on the health of your spouse? You are always unsafe if you are unarmed IMO.

Now she does start by mentioning a group that shot out her windows etc. That's more than enough reason to carry. However, why should we as normal people not be afforded the same sense of security? In fact, she works for us. Not the other way around. We should be dictating how she functions.

#61 ·
I have a feeling that this is a distraction. They will list everything they want to ban, all the oppressive restrictions they can think of, and a long list of forbidden activites. Then they will settle for a "resonable compromise on common sense laws" and get the AWB and mag restrictions along with a prohibition on private sales and we will all be relieved that "it could have been worse.

#70 ·
I have a feeling that this is a distraction. They will list everything they want to ban, all the oppressive restrictions they can think of, and a long list of forbidden activites. Then they will settle for a "resonable compromise on common sense laws" and get the AWB and mag restrictions along with a prohibition on private sales and we will all be relieved that "it could have been worse.
This is the scary part... Harry Reid (the snake in the grass that he is) said the yesterday, he is considering letting it go for a vote in the Senate, but granting a longer than usual period for ammeding the bill be offered. (And I thought people here said Harry Reid was pro-gun)?

That is where all the compromises will come, they'll settle on magazine restrictions and ban several guns, and maybe get all those that are grandfathered must be an NFA registered item, and in the end, they can say... "Well, it could have been worse."

This whole thing is sickening. And to be honest, pretty worrisome. Those who say, it will NEVER happen, not in a million years are being pretty cavalier about it as far as I'm concerned. It's not like we've never had an AWB and 10 round mag restriction before. We were damn lucky that it lasted for 10 years, the last time!

Yeah, I hope it doesn't pass. I hope we can stop it. These people are freakin zealots. And they have a cause. And they are dangerous people. One thing I learned in the military is that you don't dismiss dangerous zealots with a cause out of hand.

#66 ·
They listed the firearms that "they know" would beat the pig snot out of anyone on the business end of the battlefield fight for liberty and that means the government liberty oppression forces.

Again this is not about kids or safety. Its about "If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." -Joseph Stalin

who then went on to kill over 40 million of his own people.

#69 ·
I wanna know the last time an M2 .50 was used in a crime. I'd bet my savings account it's NEVER been used in a criminal shooting, or any shooting for that matter. Loved that that quack out semi auto tommy guns in there too. Don't think those have been used in a crime since the roaring 20's. Please don't reelect this woman!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.