Image: Sen. Dianne Feinstein's official list of guns she wants to ban - Page 4

Image: Sen. Dianne Feinstein's official list of guns she wants to ban

This is a discussion on Image: Sen. Dianne Feinstein's official list of guns she wants to ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's time for us as gun owners to strongly encourage our Congressmen & women to initiate impeachment proceedings against Feinstein, Schumer, et al. They have ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Image: Sen. Dianne Feinstein's official list of guns she wants to ban

It's time for us as gun owners to strongly encourage our Congressmen & women to initiate impeachment proceedings against Feinstein, Schumer, et al. They have failed to uphold their oath to protect & defend our Constitution & it's time
    that we remove them from office;(since their Kool-Aid drinking Constituents will not vote them out of office.) Even if impeachment proceedings are initiated & they doesn't eventually end up being impeached;(which is the most likely scenario in the Democratically controlled Senate) maybe they'll get the message that messing with Americans' enumerated rights just isn't worth the political capital.

Fooled you!

Got a Sabre lower and a DPMS upper. How does that fit in your "list", DiFi????

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Did y'all read what she has listed as "AR type" rifles? The CX-4 Storm, the FAL, the PS90, all the HK 90 series, the AUG, and the friggin' Hi-Point carbine, to name a few. Did someone say that the author of this list of brand names knew what they were talking about?
    I don't think anyone (even themselves) believes they know what they're talking about in this regard. They only know it's necessary. Doesn't matter that the "shall not be infringed" wording will get a bit frayed in the process. (No thanks to SCOTUS on that aspect of the Heller decision. We knew it would create potential for a landslide, and we're in it.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Thanks. Sounds like a good way to waste ammo.
    I don't want to sound critical, but your comment sounds a lot like the folks that say "well, I'm a hunter and not really into those 'military looking weapons'." Right off hand, I can think of the MG34, the MG42, M2HB, PKM and probably RPK that all have a semi automatic counterpart--specifically for the civilian market. So what if it's a "way to waste ammunition," those particular weapons are desired by someone, either as a collectible or filling the role of a weapon used for re-enactments. More power to the gents or ladies that own them. Oh and by the way, I don't think there is a recorded instance of any doggone belt-fed weapon being used in the commission of a crime.

The salient point is this, there is a broad brush ban proposed on these firearms, JUST BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE THEIR MILITARY COUNTERPARTS. No more, no less. It's about as rational a thought as "we need to ban red cars, because red cars seem to go faster."
    cmdrdredd and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

She only wants to ban guns with triggers and barrels.
    cmdrdredd and shooterX like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0311 View Post
    I think it is amusing/absurd that a Ruger Mini-14 tactical is on the list but not the standard ranch rifle. Let me tell ya, that pistol grip sure does make the rifle more dangerous.
    There is a slippery slope here.

Her wording says "All AR types, including the following .... Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M-14/20CF...."

I read that to mean that this is not an inclusive list. This is just a sampling of ALL AR type rifles that are banned. Since the Ruger mini-14 Tactical is an "AR type" weapon according to the AWB, then the Ruger mini-14 ranch would be as well. And that wording also opens the door to defining ALL semi-automatic rifles as "AR type" rifles. Springfield M1A, Remington 750....

Fortunately, looks like cooler heads will prevail. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid already stated that he is not willing to push the AWB, since it is doomed to die in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinstein
    The legislation excludes the following weapons from the bill: ...any firearm manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action;

Assault Weapons Ban summary - Assault Weapons - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein
    Does that mean the Keltec KSG shotgun is excluded? Surprising, because it tips the scary scale enough that it must be deadly. Maybe that means there is actually a hope that I can eventually buy one. I thought the AWB would kill it. The specific list of firearms "banned by name" does not include the KSG, although it otherwise guts Keltec's product line; maybe they will start pumping out more KSGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinstein
    The bill also makes the ban harder to evade by eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test.
    ok, at least give her this. She is bowing to the oft-repeated argument that these "scary features" don't make the weapon more likely to be used in a mass killing. Since the CINC is on-record that nobody uses bayonets any more (snicker), I guess she figured she could let us keep our bayonet lugs. Gee, thanks. Keeping the flash suppressor is welcome, however.

Senior Moderator
    I just realized that the semi-auto versions do the M1 Thompson is on the list. As a WWII collector who can never afford a real M1 Thompson (unless I win the lotto) that's the only one I can afford at $2,000 which is about $10,000 cheaper than a real one.

I would like for someone to find where an Auto- Ordance replica has been used in a crime
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    And here is Ms: Feinstein talking about her need to CC. Nuf Said::

LiveLeak.com - Dianne Feinstein: 'I carried a concealed weapon'
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

That's a pretty long winded way of saying "I don't know jack about guns".

Wonder how many phone calls Hi Point are going to get asking about their AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    And here is Ms: Feinstein talking about her need to CC. Nuf Said::

LiveLeak.com - Dianne Feinstein: 'I carried a concealed weapon'
    That's a dumb statement from a dumb person. Not a direct quote: "When my husband had cancer and I walked to the hospital...I carried a concealed weapon"

So how exactly are you safe or unsafe simply based on the health of your spouse? You are always unsafe if you are unarmed IMO.

Now she does start by mentioning a group that shot out her windows etc. That's more than enough reason to carry. However, why should we as normal people not be afforded the same sense of security? In fact, she works for us. Not the other way around. We should be dictating how she functions.
    JayHawker45 and crossfireltd like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    No way will that make it, detachable magazine that holds more than 7cc and doubles as a forward pistol grip.

Sorry you’re gonna have to turn it in.

But hey look on the bright side you will get the tax credit.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

SpringerXD,
    Is that a picture of that Hi-Point AR Alex_C mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    ... because sooooo many crimes are committed with belt-fed guns...

I think her hair is on too tight.
    I think her hair is growing inside her head and tickling her brain.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    DontTreadOnI, 8th ID and Alex_C like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

MY prediction? She swung for the fence and struck out!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links