Defensive Carry banner

Image: Sen. Dianne Feinstein's official list of guns she wants to ban

8K views 97 replies 63 participants last post by  Randall757 
#1 ·

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#6 ·
Playing to her liberal base, and accomplishing nothing. Not in a million years will she succeed.

Can you imagine working for a private company making widgets, and producing NO widgets in many years, yet you continue to get paid, and pretty damn well. Shameful.

#51 ·
There is a slippery slope here.

Her wording says "All AR types, including the following .... Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M-14/20CF...."

I read that to mean that this is not an inclusive list. This is just a sampling of ALL AR type rifles that are banned. Since the Ruger mini-14 Tactical is an "AR type" weapon according to the AWB, then the Ruger mini-14 ranch would be as well. And that wording also opens the door to defining ALL semi-automatic rifles as "AR type" rifles. Springfield M1A, Remington 750....

Fortunately, looks like cooler heads will prevail. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid already stated that he is not willing to push the AWB, since it is doomed to die in the house.

Feinstein said:
The legislation excludes the following weapons from the bill: ...any firearm manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action;

Assault Weapons Ban summary - Assault Weapons - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein
Does that mean the Keltec KSG shotgun is excluded? Surprising, because it tips the scary scale enough that it must be deadly. Maybe that means there is actually a hope that I can eventually buy one. I thought the AWB would kill it. The specific list of firearms "banned by name" does not include the KSG, although it otherwise guts Keltec's product line; maybe they will start pumping out more KSGs.

Feinstein said:
The bill also makes the ban harder to evade by eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test.
ok, at least give her this. She is bowing to the oft-repeated argument that these "scary features" don't make the weapon more likely to be used in a mass killing. Since the CINC is on-record that nobody uses bayonets any more (snicker), I guess she figured she could let us keep our bayonet lugs. Gee, thanks. Keeping the flash suppressor is welcome, however.

#13 ·
I'm sure what is left off the list of specific models would still qualify, since it says "All x types including...."

This is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars (like most things the government does).

Reactions: tcox4freedom
#16 ·
... because sooooo many crimes are committed with belt-fed guns...

I think her hair is on too tight.

Reactions: Spade115
#58 ·
I think her hair is growing inside her head and tickling her brain.

#17 ·
Hah.. "All Thompson Type" pistols... I guess my single-shot Thompson Contender is a bad gun too!

#22 ·
Any sign of the "excluded" list?

#27 ·
relax, read carefully and let's stick to the facts

Terrorism is attacking civilians with intent to set the society in fear, anxiety and terror.
That having been said:
Is it terrorism for one/many/groups whom are civilians to attack tyrannical rights usurpers, terrorists and anyone who doesn't preserve and protect our constitution?

Summa: its not terroristic to fight terrorists, so long as civilians are not harmed or made to fear those whom are protecting American civilians from tyranny and terrorism. Furthermore, is it legal for a civilian to kill/capture terrorists?

The adage "fight evil and you will become evil"

#32 ·
We should stop dismissing those who through their own hook and crook have risen to the highest positions of political power in this country, and their underlings who actually hold the offices.

#33 ·
I love the TNW M2HB, let's see, weight without tripod is roughly 84 pounds, another 44 with the tripod for a grand total of 138 pounds, yea, that's a REAL assault weapon right there!

On a serious note, can anyone recall when a semi automatic version of the Ma Deuce was ever used in a nefarious way? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?

I thought not.
I can see that quite a bit of analysis and thought went into this listing of proscribed firearms. :blink:

Reactions: pgrass101
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.