Harry Reid Backed Down from Changing Filibuster Rules

This is a discussion on Harry Reid Backed Down from Changing Filibuster Rules within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good news here. This is the first loss by the gun grabbers. Harry Reid: ?I?m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of ...

Thread: Harry Reid Backed Down from Changing Filibuster Rules

Harry Reid Backed Down from Changing Filibuster Rules

Good news here. This is the first loss by the gun grabbers.

Harry Reid: ?I?m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold?

Harry Reid: “I’m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold”

Posted by Ezra Klein on January 24, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have come to a deal on filibuster reform. The deal is this: The filibuster will not be reformed.
    Reid is not ready tp give up on the filibuster. (The Washington Post)

Sen. Harry Reid is not ready tp give up on the filibuster. (The Washington Post)

“I’m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold,” Reid (D-Nev.) told me this morning, referring to the number of votes needed to halt a filibuster. “With the history of the Senate, we have to understand the Senate isn’t and shouldn’t be like the House.”

2. Remove Ads

Girlyman = Harry Reid.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Good to see my senator hold firm. This bodes well fro the death of the AWB
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links