What kind of answer do you guys think this is?

This is a discussion on What kind of answer do you guys think this is? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; United States Senator Debbie Stabenow - Michigan Dear Rick, Thank you for contacting me about the tragic and senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Alex_C
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By SpringerXD

Thread: What kind of answer do you guys think this is?

What kind of answer do you guys think this is?

United States Senator Debbie Stabenow - Michigan

Dear Rick,

Thank you for contacting me about the tragic and senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

If there is anything that deeply unites Americans across the country it is our love for our children and grandchildren and our desire to keep them safe. In the wake of the heartbreaking tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary, all of us must come together to determine what steps can be taken to protect our children. That means discussing how we can strengthen our gun laws to help stop attacks like this from happening again, while protecting responsible gun ownership and preserving our hunting heritage. It also means strengthening mental health services, and focusing on the broader culture of violence in the media and our society. These solutions may not be easy, but one thing should be clear – complacency and inaction until the next attack must not be an option.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
    Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
    The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
    stabenow.senate.gov

Opinions? The bold portions tell me she doesn't get it. Am I reading too much into it because I can't stand this "woman"?
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

2. Remove Ads

I think you need to continue to communicate with her in stronger words. Like her odds of re-election.

She does not get it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    She said "guns are for hunting." I would not count on her support in fighting the AWB.
    Bark'n, joker1 and atctimmy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I got the same auto-response that her secretary sent.

She didn't read your letter. She didn't read my letter. Like most elected officials, she doesn't listen to the people that gave her the job. She will persue her own agenda or follow party lines regardless of the voice of the people.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Send her a post card.

Assualt weapons Ban
    Remember 1996
    Bark'n likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    Opinions? The bold portions tell me she doesn't get it. Am I reading too much into it because I can't stand this "woman"?
    You're exactly right. Any time they talk about.....a. Hunting, or......b. "Strengthening" gun laws, it means two things: they don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment at all, and they believe that gun control prevents crime.

She's clueless and needs to be voted out.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    In my opinion, if they don't understand the purpose and intent of the 2A, they don't support it at all, but something different.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

As msgt/ret said send her a post card...

the second post in this thread has a pdf you can load for format, if you like... Stick a 32˘ stamp on it (4X6 size) and mail it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I think you need to continue to communicate with her in stronger words. Like her odds of re-election.

She does not get it.
    I'm not sure I could have worded it any stronger. I flat out said that she would be considered a traitor if she failed to stand by her oath to uphold the Constitution. I was in a mood and had too much momentum.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Have lawmakers been trained to group buzz words like hunting with the 2A? "Our countries strong history and heritage with hunting"... blah blah blah. Same garbage that all the politicians say when they don't want citizens to have arms, but want to strengthen arms with police and other politicians.

That means discussing how we can strengthen our gun laws to help stop attacks like this from happening again, while protecting responsible gun ownership and preserving our hunting heritage. It also means strengthening mental health services, and focusing on the broader culture of violence in the media and our society.
    What sort of answer? Clearly in support of making changes in the areas of firearms ownership/possession, mental health services, and going after signs/symptoms of violence in media and society.

How far would she be prepared to go? Your guess is as good as mine. But if she's actually in favor of serious infringements on the Second Amendment, a right that shall not be infringed, it's naive to think she won't go the distance in attempts to regulate, limit and otherwise attempt to control all aspects of these areas.

Ditto: you need to speak more forcefully, clearly, simply. Ask direct questions that cannot be avoided. Demand direct, simple answers to your questions.

Books that I think should be required reading by everyone, but most specifically by each and every person daring to get elected (hired) to a position that has the potential to fool with the Second Amendment:

• The Founders' View of the Right to Bear Arms, by David Young.
    • That Every Man Be Armed: The Evolution of a Constitutional Right, by Stephen Halbrook.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    It's a gun control advocate answer. Here's my suggestion for doing something that will make a difference. Do away with these gun free zones that are magnets to every nut job out there, and teach those teachers and school administrators that want to, to use a firearm for personal defense.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Links