Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

This is a discussion on Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by the6shooter And you thought she would disarm herself ????, yea right. I just wonder if she is carrying in the senate chambers? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    And you thought she would disarm herself ????, yea right. I just wonder if she is carrying in the senate chambers?
    Wouldn't that be a felony?
    Glock Armorer

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    It seems like every "sweeping" piece of legislation that dramatically affects the American public these days is exempting those who draft the bills.

I thought that these people worked for us, not the other way around.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

When gun confiscation happens, the only people who remain armed are the criminals and the elected criminals.
    crossfireltd, sdprof and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    When gun confiscation happens, the only people who remain armed are the criminals and the elected criminals.
    Please tell me the difference between the two?
    goldmaster likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I kind if agree with you that is the intent, but I don't think it is worded that way.
    '

Not the intent IMO and not the way it is worded. And do note the EXEMPTION for stuff legally owned before
    enactment.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Please tell me the difference between the two?
    Criminal usually have better tats.
    multistage and the6shooter like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

With all respect, why do you assume gun confiscation will happen? What have you done to stop further gun control laws?

Everyone I know has written their elected officials and joined or donated to the NRA. In the past two months I've sent the NRA $750.00.00 in donations.
    (I've been a Lifetime member for years.)

We're not willing to sit back, do nothing and give up our 2nd Amendment Rights! It sounds like you are Alex.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Our lawmakers and elected officials have exempted themselves from Social Security and have their own golden parachute retirement plan, exempted themselves from Obamacare and have their own health plan, why not exempt themselves from gun restrictions, taxes, and everything else they impose upon their subjects???
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    With all respect, why do you assume gun confiscation will happen? What have you done to stop further gun control laws?

Everyone I know has written their elected officials and joined or donated to the NRA. In the past two months I've sent the NRA $750.00.00 in donations.
    (I've been a Lifetime member for years.)

We're not willing to sit back, do nothing and give up our 2nd Amendment Rights! It sounds like you are Alex.
    I guess I should have phrased it "if", no need to get your knickers in a twist. What have I done? Written everyone I can think of. Had my friends, family and co-workers do the same and will be contributing to the NRA soon. I'm happy you can afford to donate so much to the NRA but not all of us can. I have also spoken to several anti-gun or neutral people in my community and hopefully made them reconsider their positions. What else do you suggest I can do that is actually effective?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Criminal usually have better tats.
    Have you seen Fine-steins? She looks like Bill O'Really in drag so she may have better Tats!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I predicted they would exempt government officials and others from the carry laws
    many, many months ago, you know with them all being elitists after all they already
    get automatic raises, have their own retirement plans, are exempt from Obamacare
    what else do you think they will vote for themselves??????? Oh yes their pensions
    are transferable to their spouses also.
    “A few elitists shouldn't rule the many. ”
    Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.

remember she's above the rest of us.

I fit in neither of these 2 groups, but I will be armed...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links