Milwaukee County Sheriff - Page 2

Milwaukee County Sheriff

This is a discussion on Milwaukee County Sheriff within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm just proud to hear an elected offical stand up for those who voted him in and talk stright....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Milwaukee County Sheriff

I'm just proud to hear an elected offical stand up for those who voted him in and talk stright.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I do not live anywhere near Milwaukee but ill be more than glad to send a few dollars for his reelection campaign. Maybe if enough people do this he can ward off the libs and the naysayers.

Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Wisconsin Sheriff tells residents to learn how to use a gun

Luv a sheriff like that!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

A clever gun control advocate could easily turn his words against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    A clever gun control advocate could easily turn his words against him.
    Its already happening in Milwaukee.

Updated article
    Sheriff's radio ad says 911 not best option, urges residents to take firearms classes
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    People are so dumb. Assuming you even have time to dial 911 when you are assaulted or are in the middle of a home invasion, there is a good chance you can be severely harmed or dead by the time the police arrive. You are your own first line of defense and this sheriff knows it. He just is encouraging people to take a proactive approach to their own safety from the criminal element out there. That way you don't call 911, have something happen, and later be asking "where were the cops!?!?" when in fact it took them 5 minutes to find your address and get to wherever you are while securing the perimeter etc. Five minutes is a very long time.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

His job becomes much easier if you take care of the bad guy before he arrives, just make sure that your are justified in your actions, or you'll be his next assignment.
    the6shooter likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good for him. HOW does telling the citizens the TRUTH hurt them exactly?

The anti's can call 911 and hide all they want. We have a plan in this house, and dialing 911 is about number 3 or 4 on the list...

And this isn't about me being a big bad man. It is simply about protecting the life of my 9 year old daughter and my wife...and under THOSE circumstances I will turn into a big bad man. (Actually, not so big, I'm 5 foot 6)
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Wisconsin Sheriff Urges Residents to Arm Themselves

Seems like OBAMA is the only one in denial about Gun Rights and their positive uses.

Interesting Read Here on a Wisconsin Sheriff saying because of $$ cutbacks, Officers may not be able to respond to crime the way they used to He states:

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," he adds. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. ... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."

The whole article is a very good read and to have more LEO's speaking out like this will greatly help our cause.
    Wisconsin sheriff urges residents to arm themselves | Fox News
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    Folks need to send him an e-mail of support for the common sense position he is taking:

sheriff@milwcnty.com

Sheriff Clarke is his name.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

You guys missed the best part of Sheriff Clarke's ******* back at budget cuts, last summer when Obama came to Milwaukee to campaign the sheriff refused to provide deputies to cover the highway overpasses citing budget cuts. LOL I like this guy and how he works.
    shadowwalker and Mjr_Fail like this.

LOL NICE!! thats awesome!
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

The Mayor and others are trying to "stake him to a ant hill" on this one.

The man is just being honest and showing more concern for the citizens than the Liberal/Progressive agenda. He is a good man and I will email support for his statement.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    He is a democrat and very conservative. I hear him on the local radio shows all the time. He is the Sheriff of Milwaukee county. The radio ad is great he asks people if they are in, and he is counting on them. We are lucky to have him as sheriff in Milwaukee County. He is not afraid to tell the truth and go head to head with the "namby pamby" Mayor Barrett and moon bat county Executive Chris Abele.

Mayor Barrett got assulted a few years ago at the State Fair. He called 911. By the time the police showed up he was severly beatin. If Mayor Barrett had any common sense it would not have happened. The response time was under 4 minutes.

Sheriff David Clarke Office of the Sheriff
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links