Milwaukee County Sheriff - Page 3

Milwaukee County Sheriff

This is a discussion on Milwaukee County Sheriff within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "A call to vigilantism"... priceless! I respect him for telling it like it is and for urging people to get training. AND, I bet crime ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Milwaukee County Sheriff

"A call to vigilantism"... priceless! I respect him for telling it like it is and for urging people to get training. AND, I bet crime in his county takes a little nosedive to boot. Way to go Sheriff Clarke!! No way he owes anyone an apology! Except for maybe, "Sorry, Ms. Bonavia- there is no cure for stupid!"

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away...
    Spirit51, baddog223 and akav8er like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Folks need to send him an e-mail of support for the common sense position he is taking:

sheriff@milwcnty.com

Sheriff Clarke is his name.
    I emailed him to let him know that I admired the fact that he cared more about the safety of his citizens than any lame agenda. I also told him to continue to do what he knows is right....and ignore the idiots who are fighting him.

Got a nice email response. Let him know he is NOT alone in what he says.
    baddog223 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

milwaukee County sheriff "calling 911 is 'no longer their best option"

I just caught this story on fox news. i really respect this guy for putting it out. police can't save everyone.

Milwaukee County sheriff says 911 no longer best option, urges residents to learn to use guns : Wsj

I saw it on the news this morning and immediately sent his office an e-mail thanking him for his position. It is very nice to hear a law enforcement official who sees citizens as adults who have the right and capacity to take care of themselves. We need spokesmen like this from professional law enforcement.

I would encourage you guys to take a moment and send this man (and any others you know of) a note of support and thanks.

I can't even begin to imagine why anybody would ever think about disagreeing with this. I mean, if you're walking down the street and someone starts punching you in the face, you have a couple of options: 1. Defend yourself or 2. Cower and try to call the cops to stop it, in which case by the time you are able to get them there, the perp is long gone, and you have been beaten down.

But then again, I have talked to some people that have stated that they would rather be killed by a criminal than have to kill someone with a gun defending their own life.

Unbelievable.

Good for this Sheriff! Sounds like a smart guy.

Only took 25 yrs or so to figure that out.

Responsibility

The Sheriff hit the nail on the head when he said we each need to take personal responsibility for our own safety. That's what we used to call plain 'ol common sense.

The state has, as do we all, a responsibility for protecting the defenseless; those who through physical or mental limitations can't protect themselves. Those who refuse to take proactive steps to ensure their security will simply never have any.

Quote Originally Posted by akav8er View Post
    The state has, as do we all, a responsibility for protecting the defenseless; those who through physical or mental limitations can't protect themselves. Those who refuse to take proactive steps to ensure their security will simply never have any.
    The Supreme Court ruled that the police are not there to protect the citizens.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: milwaukee County sheriff "calling 911 is 'no longer their best option"

I just love how the anti-gunners out there are responding to this by accusing Sheriff Clarke for being irresponsible by somehow advocating for "vigilantism." This is so intellectually dishonest and pathetic. According to their logic you are supposed to do nothing and allow yourself to be a victim by letting a BG assault you and letting this crime work its way through the court system and if you feel justice hasn't been served, you go outside the law and create your own justice. That is vigilantism. The sheriff is suggesting to not let yourself be victim in this first place by exercising your god given right to defend yourself!!!! This whole straw man argument by twisting this into something it isn't is a common tactic of the left and is totally absurb.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by RightyLefty; January 29th, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Fantastic! Now to be circumspect, it sounds to me like he said this because he was angry that his budget had been cut and he had to lay off deputies, and he wanted to get revenge on the politicians by saying something politicians don't like to hear.

But who cares why he said it? He said the right thing! This is a major step in the right direction and I think it will have lasting influence.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    I just love how the anti-gunners out there are responding to this by accusing Sheriff Clarke for being irresponsible by somehow advocating for "vigilantism."
    Thats what Liberals are brain washed to believe. From talking to a bunch of liberals, they have this STRONG belief that people being allowed to have guns to protect themselves will somehow become Vigilantes.

It pisses me off.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links