Milwaukee County Sheriff

This is a discussion on Milwaukee County Sheriff within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New radio spot airing on Milwaukee radio stations- http://county.milwaukee.gov/ImageLib...fsOffice-1.mp3 Nice to have a good sheriff who gets it - and is not afraid to say ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Milwaukee County Sheriff

Milwaukee County Sheriff

New radio spot airing on Milwaukee radio stations-

http://county.milwaukee.gov/ImageLib...fsOffice-1.mp3

Nice to have a good sheriff who gets it - and is not afraid to say so
    thephanatik and WICCW like this.

2. Remove Ads

Always liked Sheriff Clarke. One of the few who says what needs to be said but no one is ever willing to say when it comes to public officials.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wow! That is so great! I had the impression Milwaukee wasn't overly gun friendly, but that sheriff sure is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wasn't it Clarke that told his deputees to take down anyone oc'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by lizard75 View Post
    No, that was Milwaukee's Chief of Police, Flynn. I'm not going to say any more about him or I'll get in trouble.

Sheriff Clarke is awesome.

Here's a few quotes from an article he wrote last December after the Sandy Hook shooting:

"The second amendment is as sacred a right as is first amendment or any other amendment. I’ll be willing to have a conversation with liberals about gun control in the same conversation we should have about whether government should restrict our first amendment right or how about whether we should scale back our fourth amendment rights, how about restricting our 14th amendment due process rights? Let’s have a debate about the second amendment in that same conversation. Then let’s see what the left has to say about restricting our freedoms."

"I have a better idea to all this run and hide advice. An armed tactical trained officer or security officer in every school and public place (theaters, malls, etc) in America. How are we going to pay for it? With all the money we spend on “going green projects and other waste of money social service spending we do. And spare me the idea of more gun control. Gun control has never worked and never will. That’s a sheep mentality. It’s like saying lets capture all the wolves and then the sheep will be safe. Yeah right. I’ve had it with these sociopaths slaughtering innocent people who are in no position to defend themselves."

http://www.teapartyperspective.com/2...earms-freedom/
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

mkh
    Someone should give that Sheriff a cigar, a steak dinner and a big pat on the back.

The interesting thing is that he's the polar opposite of the Mayor, MKE PD Chief, and County Exec Abele. He's usually the voice of reason when you see problems in the area, but in general he doesn't get enough support. It would be nice to see more officials as vocal as Sheriff Clarke.

Clarke may not last long. The Libs have cut his department a lot already and have been working to turn over many of his departments duties to Milwaukee police.
    It is the Milwaukee's Chief of Police, Flynn that tells his officers to take them to the ground.
    You don't hear of to many of Clarke's officers being arrested but you sure do see a lot of Flynn's in the news for crimes.

I wish Sheriff Clarke was my sheriff! He's spot-on with this, which is pretty common with him. He's a winner for sure!
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

I couldn't agree with Sheriff Clarke more! It's nice to see someone who is not afraid to speak the truth or afraid to take the heat that comes with it in a city that isn't extremely gun friendly. It would be nice to see him get more support, but I can't see that happening with the current state of Politics in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard75 View Post

Sheriff Clarke: “Calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option”
    http://fox6now.com/2013/01/25/sherif...r-best-option/
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Sheriff Al Cannon is Charleston County, SC is another good guy, who recently told everyone that he really could not care less what the dictator wannabe living in the whitehouse wants or says. He has enough laws on the books to see to it that the BGs get what they deserve and that the citizens get what they need to protect themselves. He will get reelected, contrary to the outpouring of criticism from the lame brain among us who wouldn't know a 2A or a constitution from a hole in the wall and would probably be the first ones complaining when one of their equally lame brain loved ones became a victim.

Sounds like a good man to me! I am lucky to have a good sheriff as well, Sheriff Joe Arpaio! He definitely says what needs to be said.

"We're partners now. Can I count on you?"

Makes one wonder what the relationship has previously been. Seemingly, he fully recognizes it hasn't been a "partnership."

His message is straight-up. Prayer and pixie dust ain't a plan, when under violent attack by a criminal. And as he acknowledges, neither is calling 911 and merely hoping it'll all stop until help arrives. He's right on the money: you have a duty to protect yourself and your family. Absolutely.

Kudos for his no-nonsense message.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kudos! Our own "Sheriff Joe"

Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links