NRA senior lobbyist says attack ad was "ill-advised"

This is a discussion on NRA senior lobbyist says attack ad was "ill-advised" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 It is at least as relevant as your claim that liberal gun owners who support the Second Amendment refuse to have ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: NRA senior lobbyist says attack ad was "ill-advised"

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It is at least as relevant as your claim that liberal gun owners who support the Second Amendment refuse to have anything to do with the NRA.
    Im a liberal Nra member. it takes a while to get over the crappy attitude of overzealous conservatives. And the difference with food stamps is that bottom of the barrel conervatives are as willing to take food stamps and not pay taxes as bottom the barrel liberals. At the very least its a weak analogy but really it just doesnt male sense. Youre a little scattered here

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    453
    Great Ad. We need ads like that one.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.


  4. #48
    Member Array Cazadores's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    35

    Re: NRA senior lobbyist says attack ad was "ill-advised"

    W
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It is at least as relevant as your claim that liberal gun owners who support the Second Amendment refuse to have anything to do with the NRA.
    No, it is not relevant. I am certain you and I disagree on monetary, economic, tax, well, lets say a lot of policies, yet we could debate them and then switch the conversation to guns and probably chew fat into the wee hours.

    It is about freedom, and in this case the subject is the second ammendment, not TARP, the wars, tax rates.

    My Dad grew up a rancher, became.a Marine officer and a cop. I grew up with guns.

    My Dad is in his mid seventies and I in my late thirties, and both of us just joined the NRA for the first time. It certainly wasn't a new and improved message from them, but the message being sent from their opposition certainly resonated.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #49
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Im a liberal Nra member. it takes a while to get over the crappy attitude of overzealous conservatives. And the difference with food stamps is that bottom of the barrel conervatives are as willing to take food stamps and not pay taxes as bottom the barrel liberals. At the very least its a weak analogy but really it just doesnt male sense. Youre a little scattered here
    OK, you find it scattered. Let me get myself reeled in and ask you this: in what ways could the organization be more attractive to liberal gun owners?
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

    Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

  6. #50
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    OK, you find it scattered. Let me get myself reeled in and ask you this: in what ways could the organization be more attractive to liberal gun owners?
    By addressing the attitudes of its members, by not letting people like Nugent spout nonsense on their behalf, and not responding to lawmakers like a 10 year old with a middle child complex

    Most importantly by selling gun rights an american cause instead of a conservative One
    bklynboy likes this.

  7. #51
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    By addressing the attitudes of its members, by not letting people like Nugent spout nonsense on their behalf, and not responding to lawmakers like a 10 year old with a middle child complex

    Most importantly by selling gun rights an american cause instead of a conservative One
    Nugent, just like Cuomo, Brady, Feinstein and everyone else enjoys the same First Amendment rights as you and me. He speaks on his own behalf, not yours or mine. How should the NRA respond to the lawmakers and personalities just mentioned?
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

    Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

  8. #52
    Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    ?.............responding to lawmakers like a 10 year old with a middle child complex..........
    This tactic seems to be working well for democrats.....
    OD* likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  9. #53
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    This tactic seems to be working well for democrats.....
    I agree. So why not be the classy ones? Fighting fire with fire might be why the issue keeps coming back.
    Cazadores likes this.

  10. #54
    VIP Member Array Brass63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,513
    I really liked the ad at the time it came out.
    Remember, at the time the media and anti-gun politicians (including Obama) were scornfully saying... 'More guns are not the answer to gun violence.'
    The ad simply pointed out that when it came to protecting themselves & their families, these same 'elitist hypocrites' chose 'more guns'.
    But if the ad isn't effective, it isn't effective. Move on.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

  11. #55
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Nugent, just like Cuomo, Brady, Feinstein and everyone else enjoys the same First Amendment rights as you and me. He speaks on his own behalf, not yours or mine. How should the NRA respond to the lawmakers and personalities just mentioned?
    Right but when it's reported the headline isnt "first amendment lover Ted Nugent" its "NRA board member Ted Nugent".
    And they should respond with ads that educate with indisputable facts rather than interpreting legislation before its even announced. Wayne Lapierre definitely went to bed with a foot in his mouth the night of that press conference
    Cazadores likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •