Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative, Missouri

Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative, Missouri

This is a discussion on Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative, Missouri within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just received this from Ann Wagner, my newly elected representative to the US House of Representatives: Thank you for contacting me regarding my position on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative, Missouri

Smile Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative, Missouri

Just received this from Ann Wagner, my newly elected representative to the US House of Representatives:

Thank you for contacting me regarding my position on gun control and violence.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, the right to own a gun is very important to me. I believe that our founding fathers meant for all law-abiding citizens to have the right to bear and maintain firearms. Whether it is for hunting or marksmanship, firearms are an integral part of American sportsmanship and recreation. Furthermore, individuals should always possess, as a last recourse, the right to defend themselves and their families. For the majority of Americans, these rights are exercised responsibly every day, and it is important not to punish these people who obey the laws.

I do believe, however, that a number of other issues related to recent shootings must be aired and discussed as part of a national dialogue. We all should be involved in a broader conversation to seek ways to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School that took the lives of twenty children and six adults. I watched things unfold that tragic day and was moved to tears several times as I thought about my own children when they were at that age.

The American people deserve to have a comprehensive dialogue on all the underlying causes of violence, especially issues regarding mental health, before major legislative actions are taken. Unfortunately, that has yet to happen. Now is not the time for circumventing Congress with Executive Orders, conducting closed-door meetings, and recommending legislation that infringes upon our Second Amendment rights. Many pieces of legislation focusing on different aspects of gun control are likely to be introduced as the discussion continues in the media and in committee hearings. I will carefully examine any legislation that comes before me, in order to make sure that the true intention of the Second Amendment is upheld. I am committed to being a part of the real solution and am looking forward to working with my colleagues to address these issues.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Hearing the views of all Missourians gives me the opportunity to better understand how important issues could impact the people of the 2nd Congressional District and the future interests of the nation.

For additional information regarding current legislation and my representation of the 2nd Congressional District, I invite you to visit my website at Congresswoman Ann Wagner | Representing the 2nd District of Missouri.

Sincerely,

Ann Wagner
    Member of Congress
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Translation: A strong supporter of the 2A she's not, and she's open to "carefully" considering any 2A-infringing legislation that comes along.

She's better at the double-talk, as compared to some.

"Honorable" would be to stand tall regarding infringements on liberty in cases where the Constitution clearly indicates no infringement shall be allowed by temporary hirelings against the People. Anything else is just lip service.
    oakchas likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Re: Reply from The Honorable Ann Wagner, 2nd District US House Representative,

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Translation: A strong supporter of the 2A she's not, and she's open to "carefully" considering any 2A-infringing legislation that comes along.

She's better at the double-talk, as compared to some.

"Honorable" would be to stand tall regarding infringements on liberty in cases where the Constitution clearly indicates no infringement shall be allowed by temporary hirelings against the People. Anything else is just lip service.
    Gotta agree with CCW here, she's very good at the side step...

While what she says re: the discussions that need to take place... A line must be drawn. "you may go this far, and no further." We are already at that line... We have no more to give...

It is the antis who must now capitulate... No more GFZs . Arm volunteer teachers and staff... Do THAT for 10 years, and then let's see if there are any more things we can revisit.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Honorable & congressmen or congress woman do not seem to fit together ANYMORE.
    Most are fast becoming split tongue.

Anything that comes out of any politician's mouth,i take with a grain of salt.

Sponsored Links