Biden: WH's next push

Biden: WH's next push

This is a discussion on Biden: WH's next push within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; W.H. gun push narrows to background checks - Reid J. Epstein and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com ** W.H. gun push narrows to background checks By ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Biden: WH's next push

VIP Member

Thumbs down Biden: WH's next push

W.H. gun push narrows to background checks - Reid J. Epstein and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

W.H. gun push narrows to background checks

By REID J. EPSTEIN and JOHN BRESNAHAN | 1/25/13 7:20 PM EST

RICHMOND, Va. – President Barack Obama unveiled a broad array of new gun control proposals last week, but already his administration has narrowed the main force of their effort behind just one: universal background checks.

That was the message Vice President Joe Biden effectively delivered here Friday as he launched the administration’s road campaign in support of the new restrictions developed in the wake of the school massacre at Newtown, Conn.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Yeah. That'll help.

Might ought to run a few background checks on our current Politburo.
    soonershoote, Crowbait and mano3 like this.

That has been their real goal all along. They figure that if they can get some further restrictions, then fine and dandy, but their primary goal for now is a database of every gun owner in the country.

I wonder why they want that? Hmmmm......
    Pistology likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Re: Biden: WH's next push

Not their "next push," the only real push they had in mind to begin with...

And, they're wording it (read spinning it) so that it's "what everybody wants": enforcing existing laws...

How ' bout this instead...

We gave THEM 10 years of an ineffective AWB...

NOW, they give us 10 years of armed guards and armed volunteer teachers in schools. Elimination of GFZs (federal).

Until guards and teachers trained, returning vets do one final "patrol" at schools.

NOW, they force compliance by states to report NICS items.

IF that doesn't reduce school shootings over the 10 year period, we all sit down and talk about other measures.

Until then, the ten years, they just sit there and take it, like we had to.

And, one more thing...

Here we are again, REACTING...AND WE ALL KNOW action beats REACTION...

And, according to the article, O has mobilized his massive election internet and social media tools to garner grass roots momentum, while we wait for Glock to come out with more clever internet ads...

And all we got is one NRA ad that has been called "illl advised" by the NRA's own biggest lobbyist.

ACTION BEATS REACTION...And we're reacting.....

Sigh.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member

Thumbs down Con job

Someone just sent me some info from some radio coverage of some of what Biden said.

It appears the Biden said that because of the Virginia Tech shootings, we need to have universal background checks.

Amazing.

Is he stupid or does he think we are stupid or do they have some major changes in background check (well beyond requiring the for all personal transfers)????

Cho got his guns from dealers, waiting over 30 days between purchases, with background checks on both guns.

Now, someone needs to explain to me how background checks were even a small part of the problem.

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
    mano3 and BugDude like this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

IMO, after 4,0000 arms given to mexican criminals and they're tellin' us about gun control......america wants answers.
    mano3 and Pistology like this.

It's a ruse towards registration. If they catch someone with a gun, the only way they can determine if it was purchased legally (with a background check) or not is if the gun is registered. Then that will be their next big push. It's called Incrementalism.
    mano3, rwponline, ctr and 4 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Perhaps the FFL holders here can correct me, but I thought no firearm info transmitted during NCIS check? Thought that was only on 4473 forms?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Wake up...The "Universal Background Check" will be a completely different "check" than the current NICS. It will be an entirely new system.
    Pistology likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Moderator
    Perhaps the FFL holders here can correct me, but I thought no firearm info transmitted during NCIS check? Thought that was only on 4473 forms?
    When I call for a NICS check, I have to tell them your :

NAME
    ADDRESS
    COUNTY
    STATE
    ZIP CODE
    DATE OF BRITH
    HEIGHT
    WEIGHT
    PLACE OF BIRTH
    RACE
    HANDGUN,LONGUN OR OTHER

And YES...they keep the information on file, in spite of the lie that it gets scrubbed after 3 months.

You arent registering your guns...but you ARE registered as a gun owner...whether you beleive it or not.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They have basically already been registering people as gun owners with NICS .... Don't believe me? Fine.... Just read post 12 in this thread below.... That's some pretty dang good evidence from a well respected member/moderator if you ask me....

Universal back ground checks

My guess is they will basically make their new "Universal background check" as good as gun registration.... and accomplish total gun registration without people realizing it... If they get it or even change the current sytem to give identifying info on the firearm!
    Pistology likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Not their "next push," the only real push they had in mind to begin with...

And, they're wording it (read spinning it) so that it's "what everybody wants": enforcing existing laws...

How ' bout this instead...

We gave THEM 10 years of an ineffective AWB...

NOW, they give us 10 years of armed guards and armed volunteer teachers in schools. Elimination of GFZs (federal).

Until guards and teachers trained, returning vets do one final "patrol" at schools.

NOW, they force compliance by states to report NICS items.

IF that doesn't reduce school shootings over the 10 year period, we all sit down and talk about other measures.

Until then, the ten years, they just sit there and take it, like we had to.

And, one more thing...

Here we are again, REACTING...AND WE ALL KNOW action beats REACTION...

And, according to the article, O has mobilized his massive election internet and social media tools to garner grass roots momentum, while we wait for Glock to come out with more clever internet ads...

And all we got is one NRA ad that has been called "illl advised" by the NRA's own biggest lobbyist.

ACTION BEATS REACTION...And we're reacting.....

Sigh.
    No quid pro quo with the Constitution. I agree that they had the long-term plan of registration. You can't deal with a four-flusher.
    Biden's the brand leader of politicos lining up to save America from enemies they create that we never had. We don't want any! Go away!
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

It's a ruse towards registration. If they catch someone with a gun, the only way they can determine if it was purchased legally (with a background check) or not is if the gun is registered. Then that will be their next big push. It's called Incrementalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Wake up...The "Universal Background Check" will be a completely different "check" than the current NICS. It will be an entirely new system.
    I agree that is why they changed the name but did not define what "Universal Background Check" means. Just like "Universal Healthcare", "we have to pass it before we can find out what is in it".

I wander what the ramifications are of having a database compiling detailed information of every gun owner in the country. Is it even worth speculating how the federal government would use that information?

To all anti-gunners believing the UBC concept to be manna from heaven: How will a "back-alley," off-the-books transaction by a felon to acquire a firearm be any less likely to occur, with a paper law that says a background check is required?

After all, the other transactions really aren't the risk, here (felons attempting to acquire at a local dealer; upstanding citizens engaging in any sort of transaction).
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links