Defensive Carry banner

New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

7K views 90 replies 59 participants last post by  D1omedes 
#1 ·
#29 ·
New York is nothing but a test case for the Feds to see just exactly what the people will allow.

When they start arresting their Law Makers for violating the Constitution, then,and only then will they be making foward progress.

#30 ·
I think that maybe due to the internet and PRO gun sites like this People that live in the most restrictive States are starting to realize just how much their rights under the 2nd amendment have been infringed on compared to States like Texas Georgia Florida Montana Etc.,and are finally starting to push back,looks like Cuomo kept rubbing the lamp and now he gets to see the Genie he pissed off

#32 ·
Good for them!

#35 ·
After reading all the congratulations and bravos from other members here, I have a question for anyone more intelligent/clever at politics than I (which would probably be most anyone else)...How can those of us not living in NY help? I mean really help, not just give verbal support...I'll be writing the NY legislators even though I'm not a NY resident; maybe if they get enough complaints, one or two MAY see the light, but...
Anyone have any concrete ideas?

Start a defense fund for any NY member who defies this law and gets arrested for it?
Something else?

#41 ·
I think the anti gun polititians in NY may want to look into another line of work.

#44 ·
Reactions: Drgnfly and 10thmtn
#46 ·
Holy Crap! Sen Reuben Diaz, D-Bronx: "I'm voting for it, even though I know it won't do anything for crime." How in all that's rational can a person go on the record to say that and believe his actions are intelligent???Thank goodness the people of New York are standing up to those imbeciles!

#49 ·
Wow...jaw meet floor.

That is a serious case of stupidity.

Good on the people standing up against this.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3

#48 ·
They need to.The laws suck obviously and what would really piss me off is,i have a couple of firearms,and the manufacturer doesn't make a 7rd mag,for them.I'm sure some of those are in the same boat,also.I'm betting the morons,who came up with this law,knew that to,grrr.

#50 ·
If you're not a resident of NY or NYC send Cuomo, Bloomberg and the NYS and NYC Tourist Bureaus letters promising to spend your tourist and convention dollars in a gun-friendly state.

According to the city's official tourism arm, NYC & Company, an estimated 50 million tourists will have visited NYC by the year's end, making NYC the number one domestic and overseas destination for tourist spending in the United States.
Travel & tourism remains is a vital and growing component of the New York State economy:

 Spending by visitors to New York grew 8.7% in 2010 to $49.8 billion.
 This spending generated $81 billion in total business sales including
indirect and induced impacts.
 Nearly 674,000 jobs were sustained by tourism activity last year with total income of $26.5 billion.
 7.9% (1 in 13) of all New York state employment is sustained by tourism, either directly or indirectly.
 New York State tourism generated $6.5 billion in state and local taxes in 2010.

Reactions: Drgnfly and DMan
#63 ·
I admit that I didn't read all the posts in this thread so if this has been covered I apologize. I found it interesting that in the video State Senator Diaz admitted that the bill won't do anything as a practical matter, but he feels it helps work on the minds of the people. He basically says they need to change people's attitudes about guns. I agree that this is a big part of the anti's efforts. They will still try to pass laws that are as restrictive as possible, while at the same time they are hoping that the number of gun owners and potential future gun owners will begin to see guns as evil and therefore will no longer be gun owners, or at least will willingly go along with more and more restrictive laws. Unfortunately this may just work.

#64 ·
It seems the tough talk has found its way to the legislative chambers. Its sorely needed if these law-makers are going to get the message of exactly what it is that they started, but this may be the true test of whether law enforcement will hold up their end of either defending the constitution or blindly following the orders of Comrade Cuomo. Hold your breath kiddies, this could be the start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.