New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

This is a discussion on New Yorkers have begun to stand up. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tflhndn The issue is not whether the defiant out number the enforcers, but whether the defiant will unite against the enforcers... If ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn View Post
    The issue is not whether the defiant out number the enforcers, but whether the defiant will unite against the enforcers...

If ever(y) encounters is a team of police and one gun owner, they will still round them up one at a time...

That is the danger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Exactly why all you rural New Yorkers need to start setting up your "call trees" now (if I see the Gestapo I'll call 3 neighbors, they'll call 3 each who will call 3 each....) to get the word spread rapidly

2. Remove Ads

Good for them!
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Right on NY!! this is the best news I've read in weeks. GO NY!!!!!!!
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Outstanding!

Updates on legal challenge to the law here:

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
    Damn!
    1st legislator: Well, I won't bring the proposal to the floor for discussion if you haven't seen it.
    2nd legislator: No, don't know what you're talking about. And don't bring it because it has components that may tend to dampen any incentive to compromise.
    1st legislator: You're damn right it has. With confiscation. It has components to dampen compromise.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

After reading all the congratulations and bravos from other members here, I have a question for anyone more intelligent/clever at politics than I (which would probably be most anyone else)...How can those of us not living in NY help? I mean really help, not just give verbal support...I'll be writing the NY legislators even though I'm not a NY resident; maybe if they get enough complaints, one or two MAY see the light, but...
    Anyone have any concrete ideas?

Start a defense fund for any NY member who defies this law and gets arrested for it?
    Something else?
    Drgnfly likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    After reading all the congratulations and bravos from other members here, I have a question for anyone more intelligent/clever at politics than I (which would probably be most anyone else)...How can those of us not living in NY help? I mean really help, not just give verbal support...I'll be writing the NY legislators even though I'm not a NY resident; maybe if they get enough complaints, one or two MAY see the light, but...

Start a defense fund for any NY member who defies this law and gets arrested for it?
    Something else?
    One way is to refuse to spend your tourist dollars there. Personally there are many other places I would prefer to vacation.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    One way is to refuse to spend your tourist dollars there. Personally there are many other places I would prefer to vacation.
    I already do that! My one visit to NY (city) was horrible: crowds, traffic, buildings everywhere...just couldn't see the attraction some people have to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post

Something else?
    You know, I've wondered the same thing...And, have come to the conclusion that it would be pretty difficult to do something like that and that we would be better off spending the money to fight the proposed legislation before it passes and/or send money to a fund to have the law repealed rather than on an individual basis because if the law is repealed then they will be innocent anyway. IDK just my thoughts. Any other ideas?
    Drgnfly likes this.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Originally Posted by RicT

Something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Yea; like hell....... But then I repeat myself.

Open a beer, sit back and watch this play out.

VIP Member
    I think the anti gun polititians in NY may want to look into another line of work.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Exactly why all you rural New Yorkers need to start setting up your "call trees" now (if I see the Gestapo I'll call 3 neighbors, they'll call 3 each who will call 3 each....) to get the word spread rapidly
    And then what?
    Hoganbeg and Mjr_Fail like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

IMO...............Cuomo should have Impeachment Proceeding brought against him for his blatent violation of the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights that he had sworn to uphold and defend along with the others who voted in agreement.
    DC, Spirit51, mg27 and 1 others like this.

- This is a bit of good news...

"Sheriffs understand their Constitutional obligations and the concerns of constituents Sheriffs and other law enforcement officers are not called upon by this new legislation to go door-to-door to confiscate any weapons newly classified as assault weapons, and will not do so."

New York State Sheriff?s Association Response to NY SAFE Act - NEW YORK'S INFORMATION HIGHWAY - the390.com
    10thmtn and Drgnfly like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

People will only be bullied for so long before they turn on the bullies.

Hats off to the New Yorkers who are standing up to the bullies
    Drgnfly likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links