New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

7K views 90 replies 59 participants last post by  D1omedes 
#1 ·
#34 ·
Outstanding! :yup:

Updates on legal challenge to the law here:

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
Damn!
1st legislator: Well, I won't bring the proposal to the floor for discussion if you haven't seen it.
2nd legislator: No, don't know what you're talking about. And don't bring it because it has components that may tend to dampen any incentive to compromise.
1st legislator: You're damn right it has. With confiscation. It has components to dampen compromise.

#11 ·
I read that California tried to force registration of "assault" rifles back in the early 90's. The media tooted the horns and banged the drums about it for months leading up to the deadline date. After the date came and went and they got about 2% compliance on it, it was quietly forgotten.

#6 ·
If all of the gun owners refuse to comply siting it is an unconstitutional law, and all of the Sheriff's refuse to enforce, well, the State Police can't arrest them all. Perhaps a class action lawsuit could force the court to suspend the law until such time the case is settled.

#15 ·
Bravo for them! The way things were being portrayed last week (albeit in the tremendously biased media) it appeared that NY'ers were rolling over on this. Much more is at stake here than appears at first glance. If this ban is successful it will be open season in other similarly anti states. Keep up the good work!

#16 ·
I am glad they are standing up and hope everywhere else does as well.

#22 ·
There is strength in numbers. Usually (smart) politicians chip away starting at the bottom, affecting only a few people at first, leaving the majority alone, then biding their time to take another small slice of the pie later. People typically won't get involved or take risks to resist oppression when their ox isn't being gored. But Cuomo took a such a broad swat against thousands of gun owners in NY, that he just may have awaken a dog he'd have preferred to have kept sleeping quietly. We're potentially facing similar restrictions here in Massachusetts so we're watching NY carefully and may be following their lead on this. By the way, I know this isn't a "concealed carry" topic but hope the moderators will be forbearing in recognition of how critical this topic is.

#23 ·
In other articles several county sheriffs have come forward to say they will not enforce the registration law. That would pretty much leave enforcement to the State Police, and from the posted article..

Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.
I would be willing to bet that is more rifles than State Police Troopers, could be a bad time to be a trooper :image035:

The first American Revolution started when the lime sucking ******** tried to confiscate arms.

#61 ·
In all fairness, New York did vote these people in and only now do they finally understand they they really just don't care about their rights. Many like Doomberg, have been at it a long time. Still got in office.

#26 ·
Good for them. It is time to fight back against a Government that DOES NOT have the peoples best interests at heart.

Here is a quote from Assemblyman Steve Katz, “I leave my wife and three young daughters home alone for days at a time to represent my constituents here,” Katz said on the floor of the Assembly. “After what happened to the young mother in Loganville, Georgia who defended her two young children against an intruder, this bill will turn me into a criminal because you can bet that before I leave to do the people’s work, there will be more than seven bullets in the magazine of my wife’s firearm.”

Good for him. Our families are more important then some stupid laws made by people that have no clue. I am sure their families are safely protected.

Be safe!

Reactions: KoriBustard
#28 ·
The issue is not whether the defiant out number the enforcers, but whether the defiant will unite against the enforcers...

If ever encounters is a team of police and one gun owner, they will still round them up one at a time...

That is the danger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#31 ·
The issue is not whether the defiant out number the enforcers, but whether the defiant will unite against the enforcers...

If ever(y) encounters is a team of police and one gun owner, they will still round them up one at a time...

That is the danger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Exactly why all you rural New Yorkers need to start setting up your "call trees" now (if I see the Gestapo I'll call 3 neighbors, they'll call 3 each who will call 3 each....) to get the word spread rapidly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.