New Yorkers have begun to stand up. - Page 5

New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

This is a discussion on New Yorkers have begun to stand up. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Noteworthy that the comments no longer reflect the "haha, New Yorkers got what they deserve" attitude we have seen from some ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: New Yorkers have begun to stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Noteworthy that the comments no longer reflect the "haha, New Yorkers got what they deserve" attitude we have seen from some recently.
    In all fairness, New York did vote these people in and only now do they finally understand they they really just don't care about their rights. Many like Doomberg, have been at it a long time. Still got in office.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

If you want to do something to help, send a donation to the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association to help with legal costs.

http://nysrpa.kintera.org/donate
    ppkheat and RicT like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I admit that I didn't read all the posts in this thread so if this has been covered I apologize. I found it interesting that in the video State Senator Diaz admitted that the bill won't do anything as a practical matter, but he feels it helps work on the minds of the people. He basically says they need to change people's attitudes about guns. I agree that this is a big part of the anti's efforts. They will still try to pass laws that are as restrictive as possible, while at the same time they are hoping that the number of gun owners and potential future gun owners will begin to see guns as evil and therefore will no longer be gun owners, or at least will willingly go along with more and more restrictive laws. Unfortunately this may just work.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    It seems the tough talk has found its way to the legislative chambers. Its sorely needed if these law-makers are going to get the message of exactly what it is that they started, but this may be the true test of whether law enforcement will hold up their end of either defending the constitution or blindly following the orders of Comrade Cuomo. Hold your breath kiddies, this could be the start.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    If you're not a resident of NY or NYC send Cuomo, Bloomberg and the NYS and NYC Tourist Bureaus letters promising to spend your tourist and convention dollars in a gun-friendly state.
    That's a very good idea above. Also join multiple pro-gun orgs (NRA, goa, saf, etc). It bolsters their resources for the work and effort they can do in NY, or any other hotspot state.
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    If everyone in the state that was opposed sent their law makers an anonymous envolope with an empty shell casing in it, perhaps that would get the point across.
    Drgnfly and Rock and Glock like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    Holy Crap! Sen Reuben Diaz, D-Bronx: "I'm voting for it, even though I know it won't do anything for crime." How in all that's rational can a person go on the record to say that and believe his actions are intelligent???Thank goodness the people of New York are standing up to those imbeciles!
    The answer to your question is in bold.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Better late than never!
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If everyone in the state that was opposed sent their law makers an anonymous envolope with an empty shell casing in it, perhaps that would get the point across.
    The point of making responsible gun owners look like potential assassins? Yeah, great idea. Let's get James Yeager to coordinate the efforts on that one. *rolls eyes*
    candalos likes this.

Noteworthy that the comments no longer reflect the "haha, New Yorkers got what they deserve" attitude we have seen from some recently.
    Yeah I noticed that as well. The haha died out when others saw they might be faced with the same BS :) But hopefully that is not going anywhere in Congress because I do not wish our laws on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    After reading all the congratulations and bravos from other members here, I have a question for anyone more intelligent/clever at politics than I (which would probably be most anyone else)...How can those of us not living in NY help? I mean really help, not just give verbal support...I'll be writing the NY legislators even though I'm not a NY resident; maybe if they get enough complaints, one or two MAY see the light, but...
    Anyone have any concrete ideas?

Start a defense fund for any NY member who defies this law and gets arrested for it?
    Something else?
    We have some things laid out on another forum, NYFirearms.com. Some members might be going that route, and willing to be locked up. So we will see how it all plans out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    In all fairness, New York did vote these people in and only now do they finally understand they they really just don't care about their rights. Many like Doomberg, have been at it a long time. Still got in office.
    This is inaccurate. Very much so. The NYC elitists voted these people in and that is how they remain in office. NYC and the rest of the State have opposite views on guns, and our 2nd amendment rights apparently. idiot was just able to swing all the votes in the middle of the night in the fashion that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The answer to your question is in bold.
    Yes that is the answer about Diaz. And he's proposed many outrageous things in the past. No one pays him any attention..

Anyway. We are still organizing ourselves, another rally is coming up in Albany in February. The NY State Sheriff Association just sent out this letter to Cuomo.

NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 | Utica, NY News, Weather and Sports | New York State Sheriffs' Association responds to SAFE Act |

We are waiting for NRA and other NY organizations to formally get things going legally. Because they are the only ones with the $ to take this as high as it needs to go in the courts here in NYS.

So we will see! State Police are looking to hire 330 new troopers this year. Tin foil hat people are saying that's the new SS... others just realize that they have been understaffed.
    Attached Images
    d2jlking and RicT like this.

By all means, stand together now, but just recognize what is likely to come next.
    What's likely to come next is violence. I don't advocate it. I do believe it will happen. Many people are sheep, and will just lay down. Not everyone. I believe that if the police begin confiscating firearms door to door, they will eventually meet armed resistance. Someone, somewhere will decide that their right to live free is more important than their own life. What comes next then, just might be a revolution. It may seem far-fetched, because we are so ensconced in the relative comfort of our lives, but throughout history people have stood up against tyranny. The times we live in are no different. I sincerely hope that our lawmakers change their attitudes, and begin to respect the will and rights of the people.
    Drgnfly likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    What's likely to come next is violence. I don't advocate it. I do believe it will happen. Many people are sheep, and will just lay down. Not everyone. I believe that if the police begin confiscating firearms door to door, they will eventually meet armed resistance. Someone, somewhere will decide that their right to live free is more important than their own life. What comes next then, just might be a revolution. It may seem far-fetched, because we are so ensconced in the relative comfort of our lives, but throughout history people have stood up against tyranny. The times we live in are no different. I sincerely hope that our lawmakers change their attitudes, and begin to respect the will and rights of the people.
    When and if it does come down, every one who refuses to comply will be, by definition, a domestic terrorist. Fortunately, the rules of this forum do not allow speculation on whether we will be sheep, or terrorists.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Good for you New York. Keep pounding on the people who hold Public Office there. Never give up. They were voted in, and can be removed by your next round of votes.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

When and if it does come down, every one who refuses to comply will be, by definition, a domestic terrorist. Fortunately, the rules of this forum do not allow speculation on whether we will be sheep, or terrorists.
    Yep, tyrants always have and always will try and label the people who stand up against them as terrorists or unpatriotic traitors. Fortunately, the brave men who led the revolution that brought about the birth of this nation did not wilt under such accusations. The way to make changes in our society is through the rule of law. Defending the constitution should be done peacefully. My point is, when the lawmakers choose to disregard the unalienable rights of the people, they will have created a new playing field, and the rules will only apply to those who go along quietly.

Ah gee, the New American is a publication of the John Birch society, a fringe group of fascists. Just how does this help our cause with the majority of gun owners, let alone the majority of Americans. It simply reinforces the idea that 2A supporters are fringe, racist fanatics who do not know that the commies already lost

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links