Defensive Carry banner

NRA in the Super Bowl?

677 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike1956 
#1 ·
Do you think we'll see any pro 2a commercials in the Super Bowl? It would be a good chance to reach a large crowd, but with a hefty price tag. Do you think it would be money well spent or better to be spent elsewhere? What kind of message would you like to see?
Narf

#4 ·
With alot of the people that are watching the superbowl, it would be like preaching to the choir, money wasted. For the rest ,even if they are all anti gun, it would take alot more than a short tv ad to change their minds, more money wasted.

#7 ·
While I agree with this, the Super Bowl also brings many families and friends together. I believe a pro 2a commercial would provoke many healthy conversations (probably some arguments) between the educated and the uneducated/ignorant/stupid. When we sit back silent and let the media hoist the leftist propaganda on their shoulders we lose to the low information public. Educating others is how we win this in the long run.

#6 ·
Yes, they are... But, lobbying is, to some degree, salesmanship, brinksmanship, and compromise...

NRA negotiated the last AWB, including the 10 year sunset, and the elimination of some provisions, IIRC.

As a lobbying organization, they may reduce or water down some of, or even many of, currently proposed "features" of gun control legislation, through negotiation.

The uneducated public sees nothing wrong with many current proposals, and will gladly accept universal background checks, if they can get nothing else.

Our side desperately needs P R. We must "sell" our position. And we need to do it in every way we can.

I firmly believe that the public must be educated. In the same way the public has accepted gay rights, abortion rights, etc. The huge hurdle we face is the brief window of time we have to cause a "sea change."

We need a Ron Popiel, we need Sham Wow, we need shake weights, and ginsu knives, all rolled into one.

Except, we have to make it appear as solid as a rock...Prudential.

Or, we settle for what we can negotiate down to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.