NRA in the Super Bowl?

NRA in the Super Bowl?

This is a discussion on NRA in the Super Bowl? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you think we'll see any pro 2a commercials in the Super Bowl? It would be a good chance to reach a large crowd, but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: NRA in the Super Bowl?

NRA in the Super Bowl?

Do you think we'll see any pro 2a commercials in the Super Bowl? It would be a good chance to reach a large crowd, but with a hefty price tag. Do you think it would be money well spent or better to be spent elsewhere? What kind of message would you like to see?
    Narf

Too expensive in my opinion. If the NRA posts a video, the media will air it on the news just so they can call it stupid. That's free.
    Poseidon likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

^^agreed! Even if they pony up the huge $$ for an ad, it will be free fodder for the talking heads to obsess over. Money is better spent on lobbying efforts IMO

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    With alot of the people that are watching the superbowl, it would be like preaching to the choir, money wasted. For the rest ,even if they are all anti gun, it would take alot more than a short tv ad to change their minds, more money wasted.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Do you think we'll see any pro 2a commercials in the Super Bowl? It would be a good chance to reach a large crowd, but with a hefty price tag. Do you think it would be money well spent or better to be spent elsewhere? What kind of message would you like to see?
    Narf
    The NRA is much more effective as a lobbying organization than as a public relations firm.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Re: NRA in the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The NRA is much more effective as a lobbying organization than as a public relations firm.
    Yes, they are... But, lobbying is, to some degree, salesmanship, brinksmanship, and compromise...

NRA negotiated the last AWB, including the 10 year sunset, and the elimination of some provisions, IIRC.

As a lobbying organization, they may reduce or water down some of, or even many of, currently proposed "features" of gun control legislation, through negotiation.

The uneducated public sees nothing wrong with many current proposals, and will gladly accept universal background checks, if they can get nothing else.

Our side desperately needs P R. We must "sell" our position. And we need to do it in every way we can.

I firmly believe that the public must be educated. In the same way the public has accepted gay rights, abortion rights, etc. The huge hurdle we face is the brief window of time we have to cause a "sea change."

We need a Ron Popiel, we need Sham Wow, we need shake weights, and ginsu knives, all rolled into one.

Except, we have to make it appear as solid as a rock...Prudential.

Or, we settle for what we can negotiate down to.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

NRA in the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    With alot of the people that are watching the superbowl, it would be like preaching to the choir, money wasted. For the rest ,even if they are all anti gun, it would take alot more than a short tv ad to change their minds, more money wasted.
    While I agree with this, the Super Bowl also brings many families and friends together. I believe a pro 2a commercial would provoke many healthy conversations (probably some arguments) between the educated and the uneducated/ignorant/stupid. When we sit back silent and let the media hoist the leftist propaganda on their shoulders we lose to the low information public. Educating others is how we win this in the long run.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    While I agree with this, the Super Bowl also brings many families and friends together. I believe a pro 2a commercial would provoke many healthy conversations (probably some arguments) between the educated and the uneducated/ignorant/stupid. When we sit back silent and let the media hoist the leftist propaganda on their shoulders we lose to the low information public. Educating others is how we win this in the long run.
    One of the biggest mistakes which can be made in advocating a position is dismissing those who disagree with that position as uneducated and stupid, and treating them as such.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Sponsored Links