Yet another way for the antis to create a panic over guns!

This is a discussion on Yet another way for the antis to create a panic over guns! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, U.S. Study Says - ABC News This clip sensationalizes robberies of guns from both gun stores and homes. I can see ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Yet another way for the antis to create a panic over guns!

Yet another way for the antis to create a panic over guns!

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, U.S. Study Says - ABC News

This clip sensationalizes robberies of guns from both gun stores and homes. I can see lots of ways the antis can use this kind of "news" (from EXTREMELY anti-gun ABC News) to create a panic state in people who don't know better, about the "hundreds of thousands" of guns stolen each year from gun owners...people like you and me. It would be easy for the antis to push for other ways of marginalizing us, and restricting our ownership with opressive laws about ownership and expensive storage.

Don't misunderstand; I'm all for storing guns safely. But I also want to be able to have a home defense gun "at the ready"; not stored where I can't get to it quickly.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I aint fueling crime. Trust me.

8th ID, TVille, TX expat and 5 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

And yet, we have people on this very forum who strenuously defend their "right" to keep their guns unsecured, even though they have young kids in the home.

We have people who keep "car guns" - which can be easily stolen.

With the quick-access safes that are available today, there is just no excuse for not securing your firearms. If you are really concerned about quick access at home, then keep your gun on your hip, even at home (I do).

Of course, given time and tools, any safe can be breached. But the more difficult it is, the less likely the firearms are to fall into the wrong hands.

Sometimes, in the PR game, we are our own worst enemy.
    DMan, mg27, FreeFalling and 1 others like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The most expensive piece of personal property most of us own is our cars...and registering them certainly doesn't keep them from being stolen either.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Re: Yet another way for the antis to create a panic over guns!

So then the gold and diamond(s) on my wife's finger fuels crime too.

Got it.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    And yet, we have people on this very forum who strenuously defend their "right" to keep their guns unsecured, even though they have young kids in the home.

We have people who keep "car guns" - which can be easily stolen.

With the quick-access safes that are available today, there is just no excuse for not securing your firearms. If you are really concerned about quick access at home, then keep your gun on your hip, even at home (I do).

Of course, given time and tools, any safe can be breached. But the more difficult it is, the less likely the firearms are to fall into the wrong hands.

Sometimes, in the PR game, we are our own worst enemy.
    The guns are secured...they are secured inside a locked house or a locked car.

By your own admission, the guns aren't secured when they are in a locked safe inside a locked house.

So if one lock doesn't keep the thief out and two locks still doesn't keep the thief out, what makes you think that adding more locks/security will keep the thief out?

Why don't you concentrate on dealing with the evil people instead of telling the law abiding person what freedoms he/she should give up?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I would like to see the NRA promote a "secure your guns" campaign similar to the various awareness ads running about all sorts of other things. Most of us can't attend to all of our guns all the time. Many of us have safes. Way too many others don't have a secure means to store their firearms. Technically you shouldn't even need to lock your doors but we all know the world isn't really like that.
    The NRA could arrange discounts with safe companies. They get a boost in sales and more firearms are properly locked up as they should be.
    BugDude and 10thmtn like this.

If the Feds really wanted to promote something that would help, they would put their money where their mouth is and offer a tax credit for purchasing a safe. THAT would be a genuine measure that could make a difference. Of course, that'll never happen.
    Rawah, msgt/ret, 10thmtn and 2 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I want to see a comparison between how many firearms and automobile are stolen each year.

Too many cars are stolen each year.
    I think the feds should pass a law saying in order to leave a car unattended you must secure it first, by removing one tire/rim from the vehicle, so that it is less likely to be stolen.
    DMan, ArmyJake, revldm and 1 others like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    So then the gold and diamond(s) on my wife's finger fuels crime too.

Got it.
    Yup. Robbers and burglars are most decidedly after our stuff, whatever that stuff might be. Who knew?? Apparently, for anti's it's a new concept.

There aren't threats to criminalize people for failing to lock up the cars, jewels, cash, prescription drugs, knives and other desirables.

I'm all for locking up the defensive weaponry not currently in active use. But as for the active-use items, it's pointless to have them all but inaccessible in the event of a violent crime that rapidly unfolds.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; January 26th, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I love statistics, I really do. Of the estimated 300 million firearms in the US, the DOJ estimates that 230,000 of them are stolen annually. Of the estimated 300 million motor vehicles in this country, over one million are stolen each year. This proves, beyond doubt, that your car is nearly four times as likely to be stolen as your gun.
    oneshot likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

This is already history, it shows the Goverments way of doing business as well as a true americans way to deal with it..Guns are only answer to criminal government
    Ghost1958 and ArmyJake like this.

The focus is on the wrong issue. Our houses are not to be broken into, thats a crime, punish those who rob houses and cars, make the penalty stiff, and stop letting people with rap sheets going back to the 90s out of prisons. No body has the right to break in someones house and take things that they work their butts of for.. THE CRIMINAL is the problem.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    The focus is on the wrong issue. Our houses are not to be broken into, thats a crime, punish those who rob houses and cars, make the penalty stiff, and stop letting people with rap sheets going back to the 90s out of prisons. No body has the right to break in someones house and take things that they work their butts of for.. THE CRIMINAL is the problem.
    The criminal is the problem for the citizen. The criminal is the conduit for the segment of our government that seeks to disarm the American people. Those who seek to disarm us "need" the criminal to justify the surface argument for their agenda, which is clearly illustrated when they do things that run counter to the agenda of actually stopping crime and criminals (think Biden justifying needing new laws with the excuse that they don't have time/manpower to enforce current laws).
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Yup.............I'm one of them.............don't regulate to me how I have to store or keep my firearms in my own home......all my boys are grown, but that never made a difference. Now in this age of home invasions.....and we just had one Tuesday evening a few miles away, I'm not goin to open a safe to get my firearm.....as one who's been confronted not once but twice in my life by BG's......no one has to tell me about immediate accessability to a firearm.....my Model 36 saved my ass twice......enough said.
    And if you want to gain entry to my home......your gonna come thru our GS first......good luck.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links