Another Senator to fire next election.

Another Senator to fire next election.

This is a discussion on Another Senator to fire next election. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; McCaskill has needed to be fired from Missouri politics for a long while, not to mention the fact that she should never have been elected ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Another Senator to fire next election.

Thumbs down Another Senator to fire next election.

McCaskill has needed to be fired from Missouri politics for a long while, not to mention the fact that she should never have been elected in the first place. This is a letter I received from her in response to my letter to her...She will be receiving a letter from me stating that I will spend as much of my hard earned money as possible/necessary to get her fired or voted out. Not only does she support infringement of our God given rights protected by our Constitution but she supports "Obummercare" as well. Just another reason to vote her out. Help me out Missourians.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, as well as gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On Friday, December 14, 2012, a gunman entered Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and began shooting teachers and students before taking his own life. This horrific tragedy took the lives of 27 people, including 20 children seven years of age and younger. As a mother, I'm horrified and stunned by the senseless violence against innocent children and teachers.

This tragedy has led to renewed and important discussions about gun control, which is often a divisive topic in our nation. The loss of so many beautiful children in a mass shooting that involved an assault rifle with ammunition clips that held large numbers of bullets makes clear that we need to revisit the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 and review permissible magazine ammunition sizes. I am also supportive of closing the gun show loophole and making sure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns. Finally, it is equally clear that we must reconsider the mental health services available to our citizens, knowing that each mass shooting our nation has experienced involved individuals with substantial mental health problems. "Obamacare" will expand important mental health coverage when it is implemented in 2014. Protecting our children and our citizens will require us to come together to find real solutions that cover a broad range of factors that have contributed to these horrific incidents.

I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri. I believe the horror of the Newtown shootings makes clear that we must get to work protecting our communities and our children from mass slaughter, while also protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am hopeful that the National Rifle Association, a significant voice in this discussion, will be a constructive part of this dialogue.

Even as I welcome this renewed debate, please know that I will continue to protect the Second Amendment Rights of law-abiding citizens to safely own and use appropriate firearms. In the past, I have voted to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms. I also supported an amendment to a spending bill that would prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen. I have opposed other inappropriate measures, such as forcing Missouri to accept other states' firearms laws.

As your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind anytime Congress considers gun-related legislation. In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, my prayers are with the students and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary, and with their families. All Americans are outraged at senseless and criminal gun violence no matter where they may fall in the debate on guns in American society. A renewed national conversation has begun and we must all be a constructive and open-minded part of it. There is middle ground here, where this nation can come together with sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens, while we continue to respect our Constitution and its Second Amendment rights.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

VIP Member
    We have one also here in North Carolina, Senator kay hagen who rode in on the coattails of His Lordship in the Whitehouse. She is a staunch supporter of obamacare and every one of His Lordship’s anti-Constitutional decrees especially those pertaining to the Second Amendment. Fortunately she is up for reelection in 2016 and hopefully it will be removal instead.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Spawn of Feinstein.
    Heavy Koolaid drinker.
    Definitely on board with Obama Care.
    Anti NRA "hopes NRA will constructive in this dialogue" In other words we are going ram this down your throat if we can, and as much as we can.
    At least that's what I read and I want to say a Progressive.

Not picking on you Crowbait but y'all blew it in November when she was reelected. But we did just as bad here in Florida retaining Bill Nelson. I did my part but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Too bad there aren't more like us.

Accepting politicians that "aren't that bad" in good times is a HUGE mistake that has been made all across this country. People don't bother to take time to learn what these folks really stand for, and too often re-elect the politicians. And then something like this comes up, and they respond just as you would expect, or their record has shown.

It really is the American people's fault for just letting these bums alone. There are politicians out there, I guess, that aren't in it for their own power and advancement, but I don't know who or where.

Just remember when election time rolls around, keep the pressure up - tell your friends, family, and co-workers why you don't like these folks, and why you like someone else. Complacency breeds this kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TVille View Post
    Accepting politicians that "aren't that bad" in good times is a HUGE mistake that has been made all across this country. People don't bother to take time to learn what these folks really stand for, and too often re-elect the politicians. And then something like this comes up, and they respond just as you would expect, or their record has shown.

It really is the American people's fault for just letting these bums alone. There are politicians out there, I guess, that aren't in it for their own power and advancement, but I don't know who or where.

Just remember when election time rolls around, keep the pressure up - tell your friends, family, and co-workers why you don't like these folks, and why you like someone else. Complacency breeds this kind of crap.
    I agree with you in principle. But sometimes the only choice you have is the lesser of two evils and that happens more each election cycle. When it comes down to it we are increasingly subject to the power of the central party and the ignorance/greed of the masses. Let's face it, most people have no idea or at least the vaguest idea of the issues. Too many get their political opinions by watching increasingly progressive sitcoms, even shows up in police dramas. Far left-wing opinion is placed in the context of the scripts as fact with conservatives and bible-believing Christians usually portrayed in the worst light possible.

Here in West Virginia we have a former Governor who got the Senate seat vacated by the death of Robert Byrd (D-WV). His promise was to stand up against Obama and company on many "issues" including Second Amendment. He even had a commercial of firing a bolt action rifle and promised yada, yada, yada.

Well now he is a turn coat. He is trying to jump on the band wagon of disarmament. I sent him an e-mail with concerns over his apparent change of heart. I got the canned response that he will "read" my email and get back to me.

I'm still waiting.

Our problem is that WV is primarily Democrat and the opposition party seldom gets elected so we are stuck with what gets voted in. Our only hope is a Republican in the House of Representatives, Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV) who has vowed to vote against any gun restricting legislation. We also have a newly elected Attorney General who also says a resounding "NO" to gun control from the Feds.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Add Tammy Baldwin to the list ( WI )
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Add Virginia's Tim Kaine to the list.

Virginia sure screwed up here.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I do believe the best route is term limits. IMO most representatives, after their second term in office, will do what ever it takes to stay on the gravy train and continue to feed, as parasites, off the taxpayers. There are exceptions, but very very few.
    cmdrdredd and msgt/ret like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Not picking on you Crowbait but y'all blew it in November when she was reelected. But we did just as bad here in Florida retaining Bill Nelson. I did my part but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Too bad there aren't more like us.
    Yeah, I didn't' vote for her that's for sure but I guess that the libtards in and around the big cities got their job done. Gotta get the word out about this crap cause like was stated above there are way too many uninformed voters out there that just vote the party line or put a check next to a name they saw on a sign somewhere.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

VIP Member
    I think ALL Senators should be replaced.....not only the ones who perpetrate stupid stuff, but also those who don't stop it!

Term limit all of them....we term limit POTUS.....so should we do the same to House & Senate.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

You can actually thank the GOP for her being in office. After Akin's rape remark, they refused to back one of the other repubs in the primary - each candidate got roughly a third of the votes.

"...court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses..."

This is odd. Court-determined? Shouldn't these mental health diagnoses that would become "red flags" for gun ownership be determined by an independent panel of experts, such as researchers and clinical psychiatrists, instead of by the courts? It would be enough of a chore for an independent expert panel to come up with a list of mental diagnoses, with a body of supporting peer-reviewed experimental data, that would bar one from purchasing a gun, but to allow that to happen in a court room would be an arduous task with shaky-at-best results.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    You can actually thank the GOP for her being in office. After Akin's rape remark, they refused to back one of the other repubs in the primary - each candidate got roughly a third of the votes.
    Politics is stupid...yep.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links