From Obama-"Call your representatives - are they on board?"

This is a discussion on From Obama-"Call your representatives - are they on board?" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read that these emails from the president's campaign are being sent to seventeen million supporters. Interesting they regard me as a supporter. The request ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By acepilot
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Lotus222

Thread: From Obama-"Call your representatives - are they on board?"

VIP Member

I read that these emails from the president's campaign are being sent to seventeen million supporters. Interesting they regard me as a supporter. The request to call members of Congress to make sure they are on board is a good one, tho.

"Friend --

I hope you saw Vice President Joe Biden's email this morning.

In order to protect our children and our communities by reducing gun violence, he and President Obama need your help. The most important steps we can take will require congressional action. And Congress will only act if we all raise our voices to demand it.

Trust me, your voice in this couldn't be more important. Tell your members of Congress that you want to see decisive action on this issue.

Give them a call, let them know you support the President's plan, ask if your members of Congress are on board, then make sure you report back on the conversation.

It doesn't take long. Just call the switchboard operator at 202-224-3121.

If you're not sure who your members are, look up your representative here and your senators here.

Let us know how it went and who's on board right here:

http://my.barackobama.com/I-Called-Congress

Thanks,

Messina

-----Original Message-----
    Subject: President Obama is counting on you

Friend --

The President did something big last week.

He proposed a set of major reforms to help protect our children and our communities by curbing gun violence, and he's already announced 23 executive actions that will go a long way in helping keep our kids safe.

This is an important start -- but I have no illusions about what needs to be done and how difficult it will be.

Every step we intend to take will preserve the tradition of responsible gun ownership in our country and uphold the Second Amendment. And while we'll never end gun violence entirely, if we can save the life of even one child, then we have a responsibility to act.

This action includes not only what we can do, but what Congress can do. To make a real and lasting difference, they must act soon.

The President has called on Congress to act on four specific legislative measures: closing background check loopholes, banning military-style assault weapons and limiting high-capacity ammunition magazines, making our schools safer, and increasing access to mental health services.

Read more about the President's plan to reduce gun violence, and make sure you forward this to friends and family.

The President asked me to work with law enforcement, teachers, parents, sportsmen, Democrats, Republicans, faith leaders, mental health experts, and other organizations and individuals to come up with a set of concrete policy proposals. The plan he put forth is the product of those conversations and recommendations.

Right now, President Obama is counting on you.

Each one of us needs to speak up and demand action. It doesn't matter whether you live in a big city or a small town like Newtown, Connecticut. When our fellow Americans are victims of senseless violence, we all pull together as one American family.

Let's get this done, folks.

Whether the action we take saves one life or 1,000, it matters.

Thank you,

Joe

PAID FOR BY OBAMA VICTORY FUND 2012, A JOINT FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED BY OBAMA FOR AMERICA, THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE, AND THE FLORIDA, IOWA, PENNSYLVANIA AND VIRGINIA STATE DEMOCRATIC PARTIES.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Oh, I'll call them alright...just NOT in support of O-blah-blah's plan.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    Oh, I'll call them alright...just NOT in support of O-blah-blah's plan.
    It appears the current strategies are meeting more resistance among the foes of gun control, and less support among the indifferent than was anticipated when they hoisted Newtown to the top of the platform.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    PAID FOR BY OBAMA VICTORY FUND 2012, A JOINT FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED BY OBAMA FOR AMERICA, THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE, AND THE FLORIDA, IOWA, PENNSYLVANIA AND VIRGINIA STATE DEMOCRATIC PARTIES.
    More of our tax money down the drain. I know it is not supposed to be tax money but with their penchant for creative financing anything is possible.
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Gotta love how they can't address the countries real issues with their failure policies, so they have to drum up another issue to take their oppositions mind off of those real issues and divert resources to a scapegoat ...that scapegoat currently being gun control.
    rayporsche likes this.

Here's a good solution. PROSECUTE THE CRIMINALS, NOT THE LAW ABIDING! IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND! GEESH
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Links