Newt and Feinstein Will Have At on "Face The Nation" Tomorrow Morning

This is a discussion on Newt and Feinstein Will Have At on "Face The Nation" Tomorrow Morning within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nothing new, but who knows?: Face The Nation - CBS News...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Newt and Feinstein Will Have At on "Face The Nation" Tomorrow Morning

VIP Member

Nothing new, but who knows?:
    Face The Nation - CBS News
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    As much as I avoid political grandstanding, and usually juts read the synopsis, I will probably be watching this one.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    BTT, it is coming on next
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Oops, just a lecture, not a debate.
    William T. Sherman

Same ol', same ol', same ol'..........
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Newt is not a very good spokesperson on this issue. On Piers Morgan the other night he utterly failed to have the facts needed to refute Morgan.

VIP Member
    It turned out being a twenty-minute gush on Feinstein's plan mixed with the NYC police chief's promotion of remote Terry searches, followed by Newt claiming the problem is really handguns, not assault weapons. CBS chooses our spokespersons for us very carefully.
    William T. Sherman

WE need to bench Rush. He's not helping he is making us look lame. We don't have anyone we are going down. someone needs to rise to the top.
    We are sucking real bad at this.We are not talking about the right stuff.
    r
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall757 View Post
    WE need to bench Rush. He's not helping he is making us look lame. We don't have anyone we are going down. someone needs to rise to the top.
    We are sucking real bad at this.We are not talking about the right stuff.
    r
    Like I said, they choose our spokespersons for us very carefully.
    William T. Sherman

Hopefully the two of them wont be sitting on a love seat.

Feinstein: Assault weapons ban "an uphill climb"

Feinstein said this legislation differs from the ban she spearheaded in 1994, and is more "moderate" than the New York or California state laws in that it doesn't require registration for grandfathered weapons.
    Essentially stating that it DOES require registration for the rest. A registration scheme, from the mouth of the instigator. Surprise, surprise.

Asked about Americans who fear their second amendment rights will be infringed upon should the new law make it through Congress, Feinstein said, "let's talk about rights for a minute.

"Does a child have a right to be safe in school?" she continued, referring to last month's massacre at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school. "Does a law client when he goes into a law firm have a right to believe he's safe? Does a shopper in a mall have a right to believe that she's safe?
    Sure, a person has every right to believe whatever he/she wants to believe.

But a person DOES NOT have any right whatsoever to actually be safe in this life. Life's a contact sport. Living in an open society that retains its liberties means that on occasion there will be criminals who seek to take everything we have. That's hardly sufficient cause to disarm the People in the face of such criminals.

The right to be armed for one's own defense is a right. She doesn't seem to get that. It's a right that the People have disallowed temporarily-elected hirelings from ever fooling with, short of erasure of the 2A and implementation of something else. The words "shall not be infringed" are pretty absolute, there.

These other, soft things she's referring to (having a right to believe this or that)? People are free to believe whatever fanciful tale they're willing to convince themselves of. UNTIL it harms others. At which point, the People retain every right to do something about it. And that's the whole point of the 2A, when it comes down to it. Ultimate defense against attempts to take everything we have (including our very lives, our liberty, our self-determination).

"...Look at Aurora," she continued. "People sitting in a theater. Somebody with 100 rounds in a drum came in and just mowed down people. Do people going to movies have a right to be safe?
    Nope. They have every right to pursue steps that'll help raise the odds of being safer, though. And that includes the right to be armed, the right to go elsewhere if they don't feel safe in a given venue, the right to put their money where their mouths are by walking if somewhere else would suit them better.

One thing they most definitely do not have is any authority to take away the right of people to remain armed in the face of threats, as if those rights were of no consequence.

You want to talk about rights, talk about the rights of the majority, too."
    The rights of 100% of the adult citizen population to be armed is one of those rights. It's essentially a right of darned near 100% of those people. A majority, by any definition. Along with every other right whose protections against government predations are enshrined in the Constitution. Which includes affording anti-Constitutionalists and tyrants such as Feinstein the right to speak out for whatever they believe, speaking of "majority" rights we all have; as well as my right to fight her taking such things from me.

A New York Times report this morning, Feinstein pointed out, shows "a very young youngster with an AR-15 in the newspaper this morning. That's the same type weapon that was used at Sandy Hook school [in Newtown]. I know what happened to the bodies at Sandy Hook school, and to have these weapons just floating around our society and particularly with youngsters who are by nature unpredictable, is a bit frightening."
    Yes, liberty is frightening to many. And so, in cases where they're found to be "just floating around" in the hands of criminals misusing them, such people and weapons should be swept off the streets and kept away from us for the proven (convicted) threat they are shown to be. EVERYONE ELSE, however, retains every right to be capable of fighting against such occasional threats to our very lives. Can't very well achieve that effectively with prayer and pixie dust. (Perhaps she'll loan each of us one of those precious security folk she's surrounded with.)

Appearing on the program after Feinstein, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly commended the senator for pushing "a move in the right direction." The universal background check included in the legislation, he said, will especially have an impact.
    It'll check those willingly submitting to a check. It'll not address one iota of the off-the-books transactions by criminals that occur each day. And it'll push essentially all (or very nearly all) such transactions by criminals to the back alleys and rooms, where they won't be traceable. The result? Largely, only upstanding citizens will be checked/tracked.

A registration and tracking scheme. It's nothing other than that, and one focused on the upstanding citizens, nearly all of whom aren't the material threat ostensibly being gone after by these banning schemes.

IMO, "Little Miss Hireling" (Feinstein) needs to have her crown broken and knocked clean into the gutter, and our reins of power ripped from her grasping little hands. Buh-bye.

Last edited by ccw9mm; January 27th, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling
    HardBall likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Here is a link to the actual text of the bill:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...f-69e69f517fb4

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm
    Essentially stating that it DOES require registration for the rest. A registration scheme, from the mouth of the instigator. Surprise, surprise.
    I can't find any mention of registration in the bill.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly commended the senator for pushing "a move in the right direction." The universal background check included in the legislation, he said, will especially have an impact.
    I can't find any "universal background check" in the bill so I'm not sure what Kelly is referring to. I do see a requirement for a background check for selling or transferring what they call a "grandfathered assault weapon". Since it doesn't cover all firearms, it doesn't seem very "universal" to me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtroha View Post
    Here is a link to the actual text of the bill:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...f-69e69f517fb4

I can't find any "universal background check" in the bill so I'm not sure what Kelly is referring to. I do see a requirement for a background check for selling or transferring what they call a "grandfathered assault weapon". Since it doesn't cover all firearms, it doesn't seem very "universal" to me.
    Shhhh!!! The UBC reference was just a bit premature.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    No, one can't. It would be more damaging politically to call it that, more so than the scheme is as-written.

But when each and every transaction of every upstanding citizen is documented and tracked, it amounts to that, in effect.

I can't find any "universal background check" in the bill so I'm not sure what Kelly is referring to.
    I believe the reference to UBC is the several background-check bills that have been proposed just since January 3rd: Gun-related legislation proposed since Jan 1 2013 in House/Senate, specifically H.R. 21 (background check for all gun transactions), H.R.34 (universal background checks), H.R.137 (universal background checks), and S.22 (background check procedures for gun shows).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links