POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet? - Page 3

POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet?

This is a discussion on POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am sending and e-mail one week, calling the next, and sending snail mail the next. My wife is starting to do the same. I ...

View Poll Results: POLL: Have you contacted you representatives yet on gun controll?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I have contacted all or most of them

127 96.21%
  • No: I have not contacted my represantives

2 1.52%
  • I will be contacting them shortly

3 2.27%
  • I do not intend to do anything as it's a waist of my time.

2 1.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet?

I am sending and e-mail one week, calling the next, and sending snail mail the next. My wife is starting to do the same. I have also talked to about 20-25 friends/people I know encouraging them to do the same. I am amazed by the responses of the people I talk to about joining the fight. A few already have their Senator's number on speed dial and some seem to get riled up enough as we talk that I think they might actually call or write.

I have been really surprised by a couple of hunters who don't think it affects them. After a conversation I hope they were convinced that they were simply further down the line than us who like ARs and Glocks more than over/unders. (I do like O/U for quail BTW) You guys please talk to people and get them involved. We need numbers...

I will be mailing letters again this week. I have only received a response letter from Representative Yarmuth. I'll give him credit for responding, but he was right when he wrote" ...we do not fully see eye-to-eye on this issue..." I still plan to keep writing however.

The way I see it is that getting letters from those in support of our rights (that would be us) is probably normal for our reps. Sure, it probably doesn't have the impact on them it perhaps used to. However, if those letters and calls stop coming, how easy would it be for them to say on the news, or in session, "Well, I don't hear anyone from the gun rights crowd complaining so it must be Ok." The upshot is that we probably need to keep doing what we're doing, if for no other reason than it may, in some small way, erode their argument that "It's just the crazy NRA that wants this, normal citizens, even gun owners tell us they don't mind!" Of course, they already say that and it's a lie, but let's not turn it into a truth.

Contacted both Senators and House Rep several times. I've written Feinstein, Bloomberg, Schumer, and Cuomo asking that they get their facts straight before making incorrect accusations. My note to Feinstein and Schumer reminded them that, when sworn into office, they took an oath to defend and protect America and uphold the Constitution.

Plan to call and write the same folks weekly!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Ruger has made it easy.

Ruger - Protect Your Rights
    NRA Member

Yes. Many times , including today.

Also for those of you that have not checked out POPVOX.COM, it is an excellent site to track/keep pace with bills in Congress.

They have a separate section tracking all gun bills (pro & con). POPVOX.com is free & no spam. You can get alerts, if you sign up for them, that lets you know about new legislation or major changes to a bill's status.

POPVOX.COM allows you to weigh in on bills & send a letter/email to your Senators & representative.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links