POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet?

This is a discussion on POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes I have. State and federal. Even the Pres for what's it's worth....

View Poll Results: POLL: Have you contacted you representatives yet on gun controll?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I have contacted all or most of them

127 96.21%
  • No: I have not contacted my represantives

2 1.52%
  • I will be contacting them shortly

3 2.27%
  • I do not intend to do anything as it's a waist of my time.

2 1.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun control yet?

Yes I have. State and federal. Even the Pres for what's it's worth.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Shouldn't that last one be a "waste" of your time?? Just sayin'! :)
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Contacted everyone I can think of, and so has my wife.

E-mails sent to about (12) different representatives. Replies back after 10 days. (1) from a state Democrat advising he was in favor of better control over and administration of care for mentally ill persons. For or against I'd think they would already have their canned response crafted and ready to send when contacted. Maybe most waiting to figure out which way to swerve in-order to get reelected next time.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have stated this many times, in most cases any and all correspondence is read by a office person, seldom read by the representative. What the staff member believes to be important or what he/she has been directed to forward to the rep. the remaining/other correspondence is added to the office working paper or Talking Point Paper by subject and count, filed away and in most cases is answered by a office form letter/e- mail, if answered at all. Just imagine, a state senate district in Florida has a population of 350,000 to 470,000 and if just one percent of us sent an e-mail or letter voicing our concerns about the present gun control issue, there is very little chance that the representative would ever see your correspondence or mine. The only exception would be a very good or very different letter that might get the attention of the office person. IMO, a mail blitz/poll has little effect, in most cases, as to the direction the Rep. will take. Case in point; Florida's Bill Nelson's assault weapons ban poll. Over 80% against a assault weapons ban but he will still support a ban.
    Clodbert likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Is anyone aware of a instance in which letters, phone calls, and other correspondence to a representative from the constituency directly resulted in him/her changing his stance on an issue? If so can you provide a link?

VIP Member
    Weekly!

I suggest we keep calling, writing and emailing them, send a text or smoke signal. One contact is not enough. Light up the phones, fill their mail boxes.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

While I understand it may not be effective, I have written all my representatives (letter posted in the sticky under writing your representative). The way I see it is:

1) Even if not effective you still have to do it. You need to act.
    2) Most likely the office person is going to tally up and present something to the representative like "letters for = xxx, letters against = yyy".
    3) It is our duty to try to find ways to communicate our position so that people will understand. There is that chance that we can make points that will speak to them.

-john

Letters to your Reps

Every week since late December.

The NRA ILA site makes it is easy, the form letter on the Ruger site is even easier.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    Every week since late December.

The NRA ILA site makes it is easy, the form letter on the Ruger site is even easier.
    Form letters may add to the their correspondence count, but I am sure that the office person, after reading the first sentence of the first paragraph, adds it to the pile of like e-mail/letters. Been there and done that.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

If a representative is decidedly anti-gun, then would a form letter crafted by a popular firearms manufacturer get the time of day? I doubt it.

54 views and 35 votes. Makes me wonder

POLL Have you contacted your representatives about gun controll yet?

I don't see the poll in tap a talk, but I did this weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did contact everyone of them and what I got was a dance around the issue and told it is time for the 2nd to go.
    Americans do not need guns anymore.

I email to my reps once a week
    "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam" Ray Stevens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links