Virginia: Legeslative UPDATE: Pro RKBA bills stil in play

This is a discussion on Virginia: Legeslative UPDATE: Pro RKBA bills stil in play within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL] ...

Thread: Virginia: Legeslative UPDATE: Pro RKBA bills stil in play

VIP Member

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Pro-gun bills move forward again!

Thanks to EM Bob Sadtler for attending the meeting of the Militia, Police and Public Safety full committee Friday morning. He reported that the following pro-gun bills were passed out and now head to the House Floor next week:

HB 2317, Anderson, allows military personnel living in nearby states who commute to their permanent duty station in Virginia to buy guns in Virginia

HB 2340, Bob Marshall, prohibits state and local government employees from aiding the federal government in enforcement of any federal gun laws or Presidential Orders enacted after 12/31/12.

HB 2342, Lingamfelter, provides for expedited background checks for CHP holders when purchasing firearms

HB 1582, Cole, allows private schools to have armed guards

All anti-gun bills were left in subcommittee and are dead.

Note that HB 2317 and HB 2342 were not heard in subcommittee, but were instead heard only in full committee. There is no requirement that bills go to a subcommittee and, while not often done, subcommittees can be skipped and a bill heard and voted on in full committee. One good thing about this is that we get voting records on more legislators that way.

Cliff's notes: a host of pro-gun bills are alive and working their way through the legislature. All the bad anti-gun bills are dead.
    Also

Video of Delegate Gilbert v Lopez from Thursday night ("Useful idiot")

Here is video of Delegate Lopez presenting his magazine ban bill to the Militia, Police and Public Safety subcommittee #1 on Thursday night. At the end is where Delegate Gilbert got to the heart of the matter quite nicely. Not caught on tape was Delegate Lopez saying something like "So, I'm a useful idiot" under his breath. For those who have not attended a subcommittee hearing at the General Assembly, here's a chance to see what it is like. Not all are this entertaining, but you have to like Gilbert when he is on his game. Thanks to member Don Litton for the video:

Va Strikes down a bill to ban High Capacity Magazines Old Virginia News

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org

-----

DaveH back here.

In the video clip of Lopez, note the typical Anti-RKBA, "I come from a family of hunters."

--------------------- ----------------- ----------------- -------------------

When are folk going to learn it is not about hunting?
    Last edited by DaveH; January 26th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links