The ACTUAL Poll Results of NRA Members Regarding the Obama Gun Agenda

This is a discussion on The ACTUAL Poll Results of NRA Members Regarding the Obama Gun Agenda within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The breakdown: NRA-ILA | Survey Finds NRA Members United The poll itself: http://www.nraila.org/media/10850041/113topline.pdf...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 2 Post By Ghost1958

Thread: The ACTUAL Poll Results of NRA Members Regarding the Obama Gun Agenda

VIP Member

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

too bad the NRA itself compromises way to much with the Government on many bills by either backing down or not trying to fight it as hard as they could with how much money they have., so happy I am no longer a NRA member.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Core View Post
    too bad the NRA itself compromises way to much with the Government on many bills by either backing down or not trying to fight it as hard as they could with how much money they have., so happy I am no longer a NRA member.
    Recent examples?
    gregnsc likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Re: The ACTUAL Poll Results of NRA Members Regarding the Obama Gun Agenda

Mike, thanks for the story and link to the actual poll.

I think the pundits are saying that most are in favor of UBCs... Not outlawing private sales altogether.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Mike, thanks for the story and link to the actual poll.

I think the pundits are saying that most are in favor of UBCs... Not outlawing private sales altogether.
    Perhaps, but it is easily argued that UBC=owner registration, which the membership opposes overwhelmingly.
    William T. Sherman

I guess it's the skeptic in me, but ...

Does anyone know the basic demographics of the people across the country, in terms of the demographic distinctions this NRA poll made? I'm wondering if this poll's distribution basically parallels the national distribution or whether it's "off" in some significant ways. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I guess it's the skeptic in me, but ...

Does anyone know the basic demographics of the people across the country, in terms of the demographic distinctions this NRA poll made? I'm wondering if this poll's distribution basically parallels the national distribution or whether it's "off" in some significant ways. Hm.
    "Methodology--The national survey was conducted by OnMessage Inc. Telephone interviews were conducted January 13-14, 2013. This survey consists of 1,000 NRA members and was stratified by state to reflect voter distribution in the 2012 presidential election. The margin of error for this survey is +/- 3.09%."
    William T. Sherman

Just wondering since im not actually getting this idea of Universal Background checks. For as long as i can remember folks in ky have traded sold etc guns to each other. No dealers, no checks. No different than trading a coon hound for a milk cow.
    Now in this state alone, with all these firearms in the publics hands with no records of them just what is that supposed to accomplish. Example. Say I have a ohh 38 spl that I traded for 5 yrs ago and I sell it to neighbor Bob for 100 bucks cash just who is gonna know? Or prove I ever owned the 38 or for that matter it even still exists???? Or that I had it or Bob has it now?

Maybe im missing something here but that seems as useless as every other reg. But some pro gun folks are for it??? I dont get it.
    cmdrdredd and gregnsc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Just wondering since im not actually getting this idea of Universal Background checks. For as long as i can remember folks in ky have traded sold etc guns to each other. No dealers, no checks. No different than trading a coon hound for a milk cow.
    Now in this state alone, with all these firearms in the publics hands with no records of them just what is that supposed to accomplish. Example. Say I have a ohh 38 spl that I traded for 5 yrs ago and I sell it to neighbor Bob for 100 bucks cash just who is gonna know? Or prove I ever owned the 38 or for that matter it even still exists???? Or that I had it or Bob has it now?

Maybe im missing something here but that seems as useless as every other reg. But some pro gun folks are for it??? I dont get it.
    No, you get it. You understand perfectly. It solves, prevents, and does nothing.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

That was kinda what I thought but when I see some other pro gun folks that support it I thought maybe I was missing something. Not being the golden child of the family and all

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    No, you get it. You understand perfectly. It solves, prevents, and does nothing.
    UBCs do one thing. They tell the govt. who owns what. It only take one EO for ATF to gather all of the records at guns shops to have a complete record of who bought what and when.

In other words, registration, which is the first step to confiscation. Just ask those in Kalifornia.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Sponsored Links