Today's March Attracts "Thousands"

This is a discussion on Today's March Attracts "Thousands" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Or however many stretch along two blocks of Constitution Avenue. Gushing, indeed. Thousands march for gun control in Washington - Yahoo! News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Today's March Attracts "Thousands"

VIP Member

Or however many stretch along two blocks of Constitution Avenue. Gushing, indeed.

Thousands march for gun control in Washington - Yahoo! News
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Yea I just saw that on my local news in Orlando. I didn't hear a dang thing about the pro gun marches but the anti gun march they reported. Go figure!

However yahoo did report on the pro gun march which I appreciated.
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Where are the armed drones when you need one.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ft. Hood.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It attracted an infinitesimally small crowd by any standard. The Pols are watching. I might expect some more "Study Groups" and some more "Sub-Committees" as contrasted to movement on any of the Bills.

They march and get all the media coverage while our pro 2A rallies get hardly any coverage from the lam stream media.

That sign "Stop the NRA" what does that mean? Seriously...why don't they say "Stop the NAACP or ACLU" for all the harm they have done dividing this country?

I guess I don't see why they hold up the NRA as poster child for the wacko who one day decides he's gonna try shooting people. Maybe that woman holding that sign right on the front page of that link should go back to where she's from and look at her neighborhood and ask why there are so many gangs and why for years nobody spoke up about that on a national scale?

choice quotes:

"I wanted to make sure this never happens at my kids' school or any other school,"
    Put armed people at schools. Solved

"This is about trying to create a climate in which our children can grow up free of fear,"
    I don't know many kids who go to school thinking "today we might have a shooting here". The answer is, put armed security at schools. That way the kids see they are protected by someone with the means to stop a wacko.

"You can repeal it," he said. "We repealed prohibition."
    Oh boy... Prohibition wasn't in the constitution from day one to begin with and the reason it was abolished was because it was impossible to enforce and they gave up. It's the same thing with guns. You will never remove them from the gangs and mobsters who would now have more power over everyone else than they do today. Prohibition was a stupid idea and didn't prevent any crime and in fact promoted more crime.

"With the drum roll, the consistency of the mass murders and the shock of it, it is always something that is moving and devastating to me. And then, it's as if I move on," Smith said. "And in this moment, I can't move on. I can't move on.
    "I think it's because it was children, babies," she said. "I was horrified by it."
    So what are you gonna do? Stop living your life? Your car didn't kill someone yesterday but hundreds lost their lives in accidents. Do we want to take away your car? My guns didn't harm anybody. So leave me alone.

"The issue is guns. The Second Amendment gives us the right to own guns, but it's not the right to own any gun," she said. "These are assault weapons, made for killing people."
    Since it doesn't specify anything and the Heller case said something about "in common usage" then by all rights I can own anything that is commonly used. Including AK variants etc.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Did they use sheepdogs to control the crowd?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

To bad we couldn't of had a March for "Dumb Control" the same day and all of our signs would have had large Arrows pointed at those that oppose us, SWEET!

All in favor, say I

Heres a pic of the rally:
    Attached Images
    Clodbert, MACC12 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Did they use sheepdogs to control the crowd?
    The sheepdogs were marching in the pro-gun rally.

Re: Today's March Attracts "Thousands"

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogue View Post
    Heres a pic of the rally:
    I see it was the same bunch that were on the mall fer the ' nauguration.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The article says thousands, but the pics show maybe hundreds? Where are the rest of them? DR

So they want to take away MY 2nd Amendment right but its OK for them to use their 1st amendment right to have such a march and display such signs? Or perhaps we can take away the 19th Amendment and women loose the right to vote. Its a slippery slope when you start giving things up. Especially to those that didn't give them to you in the first place. I'll bet these sign carrying people would change their tune if they were robbed at an ATM for $50 or if someone was kicking in their door at 3am. I have no problem with tree huggers or pacifists. Do as you please. But please allow me my rights in the process.
    cmdrdredd and Jdunn217 like this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

OR, as the Washington Post Said:

Nearly 1,000 march in D.C. for gun control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links