Seattle buyback aftermath and curious math

This is a discussion on Seattle buyback aftermath and curious math within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seattle’s ‘buyback’ nets mayoral hypocrisy, interesting math Turnout at Seattle’s much-ballyhooed gun “buyback” Saturday was reportedly very good with “hundreds” of people showing up, but ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By uberrogue
  • 1 Post By gunslingergirl

Thread: Seattle buyback aftermath and curious math

Seattle buyback aftermath and curious math

Seattle’s ‘buyback’ nets mayoral hypocrisy, interesting math

Turnout at Seattle’s much-ballyhooed gun “buyback” Saturday was reportedly very good with “hundreds” of people showing up, but if one is to believe details of all the reports, there is some curious math at work.

Seattle?s ?buyback? nets mayoral hypocrisy, interesting math - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

How can someone "buy back" something they never owned in the first place?

2. Remove Ads

Why would anyone even consider attending that event, let alone selling their firearms for pennies on the dollar to the city government? You lose money, you lose your guns, you're supporting the degradation of your own liberty. What's to gain?

Oh I turned in all my weapons there, well the ones that I had left after the boating accident that is.

they probably get a lot of jennings junk
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I wonder how many of those guns are stolen, strictly for the purpose of turning them in to get more free money from the gubmint, to bolster their welfare checks and food stamps, and other illicit income garnered from selling drugs, and the like. I'd bet a large portion of the guns turned in, are by wives while the husband is at work, coming home to find his cherished guns are "missing" and wifey has some new shoes.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Give some gift cards away and pocket the rest of the money. I see why they do rhese now
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Criminals love buybacks.... its how murder weapons dissappear.
    GlassWolf and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogue View Post
    Criminals love buybacks.... its how murder weapons disappear.
    You got that right. They disappear with No questions asked!
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

And courtesy of your tax dollars... i really hate stupid. too bad there isnt a fix for it.

VIP Member
    Did you read the comments, hilarious?

Thank you Seattle for the largest publicly funded Gun Show in Washington. Cheaper than Washington Arms Collectors and the Centrailia show.
    I'd happily buy these guns. All we need is for someone to be dumb enough to schedule one of these near me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I bet they would have given me a dollar three ninty five for my rubber band gun

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uberrogue View Post
    Criminals love buybacks.... its how murder weapons dissappear.
    Melted down, no questions asked. It's a gubment funded murder weapon disposal service and they PAY YOU.

Why don't we have drug buybacks? Stolen goods buybacks? Counterfeit money buybacks?

Anytime I can turn in my old Jennings for $250 I'll be first in line! I've got a 40 year old .38 I'll give up for $250 too. Then with my $500 government money I can go buy a new RIA .45. :)
    msgt/ret likes this.

Yeah, I saw the figures in the local Seattle newspaper, and that's one of the first things that jumped out at me...well that, and the photo of the private buyer who had purchased several nice looking lever-action rifles from the sheeple wanting to turn their guns in...man, some of those lever-actions looked brand new!

Anyway, $80,000 paid out (in gift cards) for 160 weapons at $100 for rifles, shotguns, & pistols, $200 for "assault weapons"...wait....what?
    "at least 400 so-called “assault rifles” would have had to be turned in, or 800 handguns (they were offering $100 gift cards for handguns, $200 for rifles), or some combination that would have netted far more than 160 firearms."

I'm not a math whiz, but that's what I thought, too.

Dave, I love your stuff... and most of the stuff I find in the Examiner... I appreciate your tenacity, and your reportage.

But... there's always a but, isn't there?

How many gun grabbers read and understand what you're saying? Well, except to post nasty remarks. All the remarks show that the "choir" is writing in, in support.

That's a shame. I wish you were reaching the antis... but, on a positive note, you do give me plenty of ammo to use against local grabbers...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links