Obama-Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate

This is a discussion on Obama-Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate | Fox News Feinstein: NRA is 'venal': Feinstein: NRA is ?venal? ? CNN Political Ticker ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Obama-Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate

S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

What's to compromise? You want control, they don't want to give it.

Also Stephen King is an idiot of the highest order. He's as bad as Michael Moore IMO
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

“The House Republican majority is made up mostly of members who are in sharply gerrymandered districts that are very safely Republican and may not feel compelled to pay attention to broad-based public opinion, because what they're really concerned about is the opinions of their specific Republican constituencies,” the president said in an interview with The New Republic.

God forbid a representative be more concerned with what his/her constituents want rather than what other people want...

Another quote I find humorous:

Obama also said he can get 50 percent of public support for many of his upcoming initiatives, but “I can't get enough votes out of the House of Representatives to actually get something passed..."

He gets that if 50% are for something that 50% are against it, too... right?
    cmdrdredd, OD*, BugDude and 4 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Our politicians have been bought and paid for by whatever "cause" they are supporting. Constituents are unimportant until just before elections. The politicians think we are too dumb to remember.

Why does Feinstein and others ignore the fact that everyone that has stolen firearms or used firearms to commit mass murder has not been a Republican or NRA member but a Democrat or came from a family of liberal Democrats?

Ft Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim
    Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals
    Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat
    Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal
    Connecticut School Shooter- ~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Plot the murders on a map of the US and then overlay that with a map of the US that shows Republican areas vs. Democratic areas. The murders are largely concentrated in the Democratically governed areas (ironically, mostly under strict gun control laws already). They want to blame the Republicans and NRA, but the issues are largely concentrated in areas that are neither. I also fail to see why Republican representatives following the will of the people they represent is a problem. They just continue to expose their ignorance time and time again.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BugDude; January 27th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Plot the murders on a map of the US and then overlay that with a map of the US that shows Republican areas vs. Democratic areas. The murders are largely concentrated in the Democratically governed areas (ironically, mostly under strict gun control laws already). They want to blame the Republicans and NRA, but the issues are largely concentrated in areas that are neither. I also fail to see why Republican representatives following the will of the people they represent is a problem. They just continue to expose their ignorance time and time again.
    Somebody please do that. That would be most enlightening to see.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    Obama-Republicans unwilling to cave-in to our unreasonable demands in gun control debate
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

"They just continue to expose their ignorance time and time again. "

The problem is they are the ones getting most of the airtime and the sheeple hear and believe.

VIP Member
    The community organizer believes 'unreasonable' is defined as 'not going along with everything I want'.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

They spew nothing but fertilizer...
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    The community organizer believes 'unreasonable' is defined as 'not going along with everything I want'.
    That is the major problem...compromise means agree with him.
    Tzadik likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    That is the major problem...compromise means agree with him.
    Yes, and I'm sure he'll remind everyone that he won the election again and that, by itself, should preclude any disagreement with him.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    "They just continue to expose their ignorance time and time again. "

The problem is they are the ones getting most of the airtime and the sheeple hear and believe.
    That's because they control 90% of the media, and most Americans today are just plain stupid. (Glad to find others here who dont believe the MSM (main stream media) garbage.
    TX expat likes this.

Thank God for anyone that refuses to compromise with Obama is all I can say.
    Tzadik likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links