DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles - Page 4

DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles

This is a discussion on DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You still have the right and freedom to speak your question...for now... And if you think Obama is averse to overstepping his authority and taking ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles

You still have the right and freedom to speak your question...for now...

And if you think Obama is averse to overstepping his authority and taking unconstitutional actions, just check out the legal briefs on the recent court ruling:

Court Rules Obama Recess Appointments Unconstitutional - WSJ.com

Tell me what the half a million coffins are for? The last I checked, Katrina, Sandy, and other natural disasters the government didn't provide coffins and funerals.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    The Department of Homeland Security is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO “personal defense weapons” (PDW) — also known as “assault weapons” when owned by civilians. The solicitation, originally posted on June 7, 2012, comes to light as the Obama administration is calling for a ban on semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines.

Citing a General Service Administration (GSA) request for proposal (RFP), Steve McGough of RadioViceOnline.com reports that DHS is asking for the 7,000 “select-fire” firearms because they are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.” The term select-fire means the weapon can be both semi-automatic and automatic. Civilians are prohibited from obtaining these kinds of weapons.
    Didn’t they check with joe first, with his infinite wisdom he would have informed them that those weapons are absolutely useless for self defense and they should have ordered 7,000 shotguns instead.
    Bark'n and OD* like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Show me the purchase orders. Show me ONE picture of ONE boxcar, never mind a guillotine. Heck, make up one reason that comes within striking distance of passing the common sense test for either of those items, and maybe this lunacy might have some credence. As it stands, it's lunacy, and it's my firm opinion that lunacy like that is why "nut" so often follows "gun."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Nope, no paranoia, no hypocrisy.

Here's their organizational chart: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs-orgchart.pdf

Note that within DHS you have (just to name a few)

1) US Secret Service --- anyone think they don't need these type of weapons?
    2) Customs and Border Patrol-- anyone want to deny these to Border Patrol Officers-- I thought half the folks who post here were
    for just shooting anyone who tries to cross illegally :-
    3) US Coast Guard--- anyone seriously want to deny them these weapons when they interdict a "submarine" full of cocaine?
    4) Federal Law Enforcement Training Center--- I have no idea if they teach weapons and tactics there, but anyone want to deny
    them these items?
    Hopy you missed that every Government employee per Diane's bill will be authorized to have a Full Auto Assault Weapon! They're going to give them to every City Cerk in the country as they're first responders, but us citizens don't need one as the City Jerks will protect us!

Just for the record:

1 - Needs gift certificates to AA and S*x-Aholics.
    2 - Needs more Roseta Stone spanglish langauge
    3 - They've got their own 50 BMGs and Ma Duces. Maybe a few depth charges or anti-submarine torpedoes but not M-4s for shooting subs!
    4 - I guess they do need them to train to put down the gang bangers when they take over as they'll be the only ones with firearms!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Show me the purchase orders. Show me ONE picture of ONE boxcar, never mind a guillotine. Heck, make up one reason that comes within striking distance of passing the common sense test for either of those items, and maybe this lunacy might have some credence. As it stands, it's lunacy, and it's my firm opinion that lunacy like that is why "nut" so often follows "gun."
    Forget the boxcars...what about the coffins? Who are they planning on burying that won't have to pay for it themselves?

VIP Member
    Well, that took what, 30 seconds to solve?

FEMA Camps - Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics

4. Hundreds of thousands of plastic coffins
    CLAIM: "500,000 plastic air-tight coffins in the middle of Atlanta Georgia. Apparently the Government is expecting a Half Million people to die relatively soon, and the Atlanta Airport is a major airline traffic hub, probably the biggest in the country, which means Georgia is a prime base to conduct military operations and coordination. It is also the home of the CDC, the Center for Disease Control. I don't want to alarm anyone, but usually you don't buy 500,000 plastic coffins 'just in case something happens,' you buy them because you know something is going to happen. These air tight seal containers would be perfect to bury victims of plague or biological warfare in, wouldn't they?"

FACT: The black polypropylene products purported to be coffins are grave liners, or burial vaults, manufactured by Convington, Ga.-based Vantage Products. (In this case, they are examples of the company's Standard Air Seal model.) The use of a burial vault, which prevents the collapse of cemetery ground and protects the casket, is a common requirement when a body is interred.

The filmed lot in Madison, Ga., is a Vantage storage facility. Of the 900,000 or so in-ground burials in the U.S. each year, a small percentage of those people prearranged their own caskets and vaults--which Vanguard holds at the storage facility until the appropriate time. According to company Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, there are approximately 50,000 vaults in storage in Madison. "It's nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet," he told the local Morgan County Citizen newspaper. Furthermore, Lacey has said the company maintains detailed records of product ownership and is audited annually, to insure all vaults are accounted for.

Read more: FEMA Camps - Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics
    SIXTO, Clodbert, atctimmy and 1 others like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    That was, of course, from Popular Mechanics. The first site I found SUPPORTING this "FEMA Coffin" goofiness is "american holocaust coming.blogspot.com." Somehow, I'm more inclined to believe PM...
    atctimmy likes this.

...we were talking rifles...the boxcar was a passing remark...not a whole new direction...
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

VIP Member
    The rifles are a very normal, very common part of running an organization with tens of thousands of members who, you know, use rifles. The boxcar thing is further evidence of the fracturing of many peoples minds in the face of a president they don't like and the possibility of further restrictions on their pet obsession. Note, of course, that it is also MY pet obsession; I am just somehow managing to keep guillotine laden boxcars out of the equation....
    HotGuns, SIXTO and Bark'n like this.

VIP Member
    When it comes to coffins this is what the crew and I have transported human remains in.

The Skydyne Company - Human Remains Container
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If Popular Mechanics says so, it must be gospel. I guess they're not really trying to ban any weapons either. I can rest assured knowing my govt has only my best interests at heart.

Senior Moderator
    Look at the bright side.
    If the guillotines were made in China, it would probably only cut a couple of heads off before the blade was dull enough to not work.
    discoboxer likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Yes. Because legislation proposed to Congress and visible to the whole world is EXACTLY the same as the rantings of "american apocalypse coming." There's no difference in those two things at all. Death boxcars and House Resolutions share the exact same level of legitimacy.... Sheesh.

What's Popular Mechanic's political take on gun control?

When I read in there that gov't can't exempt themselves from the laws they push on us, I'll pay attention. When Congress gives up their golden parachute retirement and participates in Social Security I'll listen. When Congress gives up their cushy healthplan and participates in Medicare, I'll listen. Unfortunately, there appear to be two sets of rules and the gap between them seems to get wider rather than narrower.
    Last edited by BugDude; January 28th, 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: add'l info

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Nope, no paranoia, no hypocrisy.

Here's their organizational chart: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs-orgchart.pdf

Note that within DHS you have (just to name a few)

1) US Secret Service --- anyone think they don't need these type of weapons?
    2) Customs and Border Patrol-- anyone want to deny these to Border Patrol Officers-- I thought half the folks who post here were
    for just shooting anyone who tries to cross illegally :-
    3) US Coast Guard--- anyone seriously want to deny them these weapons when they interdict a "submarine" full of cocaine?
    4) Federal Law Enforcement Training Center--- I have no idea if they teach weapons and tactics there, but anyone want to deny
    them these items?
    If the government is going to deny me then yes I think I would like to deny them using my tax dollars to have them.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links