DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles

This is a discussion on DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Caertaker I don't know what they are preparing for any more than I know how much a stock of interest will rise ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I don't know what they are preparing for any more than I know how much a stock of interest will rise or fall by end of close today. When I read the news there is much that concerns me from both within and without the Country. While I personally regard this administration as a threat to freedoms that others have secured for me I don't want to focus singlemindedly to the point where I miss any others. It seems to me that it would be desirable for the Department of Homeland Security to possess these rifles should fears of a North Korean super-EMP transpire. BTW did anyone answer: shining side out or in?

PRY: North Korea EMP attack could destroy U.S. ? now - Washington Times
    I just hope my safe door is unlocked if/when that happens.

2. Remove Ads

How is this a big deal? The dhs doesn't just materialize. Their weapons get used and broken too. I think this may just be normal but because of current events, people are noticing everything lately. I do question the ammo buying, because I know they don't use hollow points for training, but I think we need to calm down and think. We can't absorb ourselves in a panic. To foresee events to come we have to see the big picture and think, not just react. Stay alert and stay calm

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Nope, no paranoia, no hypocrisy.

Here's their organizational chart: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs-orgchart.pdf

Note that within DHS you have (just to name a few)

1) US Secret Service --- anyone think they don't need these type of weapons?
    2) Customs and Border Patrol-- anyone want to deny these to Border Patrol Officers-- I thought half the folks who post here were
    for just shooting anyone who tries to cross illegally :-
    3) US Coast Guard--- anyone seriously want to deny them these weapons when they interdict a "submarine" full of cocaine?
    4) Federal Law Enforcement Training Center--- I have no idea if they teach weapons and tactics there, but anyone want to deny
    them these items?
    You also have U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), also known as Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) which have somewhere around 7K Agents and Deportation Officers. And yes, firearms training is a large component of the training at the FLETC. I was assigned there for five years, and all of your federal law enforcement employees, except DEA & FBI train there.

Seven thousand rifles isn't something to be concerned about, IMHO. Rifles/shotguns/SMG's are part of the equipment used by these folks, in carrying out their regularly assigned duties. Prior to retiring (at various times) I was issued a Remington 870, a Steyr Aug (.5.56), CAR-15, M4 Carbine, and an H&K MP5 in 9MM. This was in addition to the various handguns.
    Hopyard likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I was so mad about this, I wrote one of those Whitehouse.gov petitions to raise awareness of this hypocrisy. I also wrote my representatives. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...urity/cg5PDD2t
    JD likes this.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    How is this a big deal? The dhs doesn't just materialize. Their weapons get used and broken too. I think this may just be normal but because of current events, people are noticing everything lately. I do question the ammo buying, because I know they don't use hollow points for training, but I think we need to calm down and think. We can't absorb ourselves in a panic. To foresee events to come we have to see the big picture and think, not just react. Stay alert and stay calm
    When you or I buy a semi-automatic sporting rifle with an overall length of at least 26 inches, the government and anyone else who does not want you to have it calls it an "assault weapon." When the government buys the same gun with select-fire full-auto capability and an OAL of less than 26 inches, they call it a "personal defense weapon." The Administration is on record as calling these "weapons of war," and has said they do not belong on our streets. Why then, does DHS need them? DHS is not the military and is not at war. My rifle is a "menace and a danger to society," but these DHS rifles are "suitable for personal defense?"
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Is not HS preparing to become obama's strong civilian force. The way I see it they are preparing for a possible revolution, not a terrorist attack. Check out the route Hitler took starting in 1933 which parallels Obama's agenda pretty closely. Folks we are going to experience something more than "just a bump in the road" in the very near future.
    No. That is a load. Propaganda and make believe.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Let's see, 8 million rounds of hollow point pistol ammo, 7000 Assault Rifles, 500,000 coffins, 120,000 shackle laden boxcars.

Now I'm no clairvoyant but it seems to me that they are preparing for shooting and burying. Unless they start shipping these coffins overseas, it would also seem that they intend to use them on domestic soil. Seeing as they are welcoming illegal people INTO this country with welcoming arms, laws, and benefits it sure doesn't seem logical that they are preparing to keep anyone OUT. Using deductive reasoning, it doesn't leave too many alternatives other than preparing for large scale domestic conflict.

Even animals can sense a tsunami well before it arrives and head for high ground...nobody called them paranoid once the water hit.
    A very little of common sense and thought would tell you that 120,000 boxcars ( I assume they mean of the sort used on
    railroad to transport things like refrigerators) is such a huge number of shackles as to make the entire story unbelievable just on the face of this one statement.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    When you or I buy a semi-automatic sporting rifle with an overall length of at least 26 inches, the government and anyone else who does not want you to have it calls it an "assault weapon." When the government buys the same gun with select-fire full-auto capability and an OAL of less than 26 inches, they call it a "personal defense weapon." The Administration is on record as calling these "weapons of war," and has said they do not belong on our streets. Why then, does DHS need them? DHS is not the military and is not at war. My rifle is a "menace and a danger to society," but these DHS rifles are "suitable for personal defense?"
    Give it up. THere is a difference between you and law enforcement and your relative needs. No sane government anywhere
    is going to let anyone but law enforcement officials and the military have the sort of weaponry you think you should have-- not that I can think of any reason other than "I want" and "its all about me" for you or I having them.

If you aren't guarding the President, guarding the border, on a SWAT team, or engaged in a similar activity these aren't for you.

They sure as heck aren't needed for ordinary self defense on the street, or at home, and when Uncle needs for you to have one
    he will not hesitate --as in the past--- to send you a little letter signed by The President ordering you to report for induction.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I just added Reynolds Wrap to the wife's shopping list.
    I think you'll also need some copper wire mosquito screens and a grounding stake. Reynolds wrap
    tears too easily and is thus unreliable. I'd not put that grounding stake less than 3 feet down; it needs a
    really good contact beneath the surface soil less the bad signals will jump up out of the ground and travel
    backwards to my head. Can't take a chance, I'd tether myself with nothing less than 10 gauge wire.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    A very little of common sense and thought would tell you that 120,000 boxcars ( I assume they mean of the sort used on
    railroad to transport things like refrigerators) is such a huge number of shackles as to make the entire story unbelievable just on the face of this one statement.
    I hate it when I agree with Hopyard.

This whole boxcar thing is idiotic. I have news for you guys. Regular, old fashioned boxcars worked just fine for the Nazi's. They didn't need any special ones. Boxcars already come with a door that can be closed and locked from the outside.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

JD
    Administrator

Re: DHS orders 7000 Assault Rifles

I don't even know what to say in relation to some of the screwball content of this thread...

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links