How big is the problem?

How big is the problem?

This is a discussion on How big is the problem? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How could it be that the Virginia 2011 State Police reports that only one “assault rifle” death — ruled a homicide — was recorded statewide ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: How big is the problem?

VIP Member

Question How big is the problem?

How could it be that the Virginia 2011 State Police reports that only one “assault rifle” death — ruled a homicide — was recorded statewide for that year (the only year to date that that data was collected)?

Sounds as if some folk are way off base as to the scope of the alleged problem.

Could some folk be championing a solution in search of a problem?

See: http://tinyurl.com/ajrbxx8

What's next? Tracking car crashes by black vs non-black cars?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Dave, I hope you posted this on Dan Casey's blog.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Dave, I hope you posted this on Dan Casey's blog.
    Yup.

Both Dan's and an anti-rights thread on the RT's Round Table blog.
    BugDude likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I posted a couple things out there today myself. I'm beginning to think he and his merry band of idiots don't like me too much...which is an indicator that I'm on the right track.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's all about a gun grab, nothing more. "The Agenda"
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Across the nation we average about 400 murders by rifles per year. That is all rifles not just scary black ones. We average about 1800 murders every year by knives over 4 times as many as by rifles, all rifles not just "assualt rifles". The grab for "assualt rifles" is just the start. It has nothing to do with keeping Americans safe. There are more people murdered every year by being beat to death than there is by rifles, all rifles. I have not been able to find a stat on how many people are murdered every year by "assualt rifles", I bet it is somewhere around 150.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I'm going to have to register my hammer or give up my job as a carpenter. Hammers are much more deadly than rifles.

Sponsored Links