This is to "ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited."

This is to "ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited."

This is a discussion on This is to "ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited." within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So Senator Feinstein wants to change the 2nd amendment with her unconstitutional law. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Not-Unlimited Link to a copy of her proposed bill http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...f-69e69f517fb4 I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: This is to "ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited."

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761

    This is to "ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited."

    So Senator Feinstein wants to change the 2nd amendment with her unconstitutional law.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Not-Unlimited


    Link to a copy of her proposed bill
    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...f-69e69f517fb4

    I have a question concerning this bill. Am I to understand that if someone has an AR15 with only 1 military characteristic(such as a grip) and a 10 round magazine it would be legal under this bill????
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."


  2. #2
    VIP Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    2,128
    She can limit legal actions with legislation. California is proof of that. But she can't limit the right to keep and bear arms. That is a natural right. The second amendment protects the people from a mob's confiscations under the banner of government.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  3. #3
    Member Array Clodbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    205
    I'm so glad we have such smart and brave politicians to protect us from these evil weapons of war! I feel so much safer already!

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,967
    From what I understand is that only one characteristic would make any gun illegal as opposed to the two that were required under the old law that expired.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Am I to understand that if someone has an AR15 with only 1 military characteristic(such as a grip) and a 10 round magazine it would be legal under this bill????
    Yes, unless the person already has it lawfully prior to implementation of this proposed AWB. (If I'm reading it correctly.)


    Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (proposed): summary, and bill text.

    For reference and comparison, here is the text of the 1994 bill, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, aka the 1994 AWB.


    Basically, if implemented, "assault weapon" will have a new definition (in Sec 921(a) 18 USC):

    • A semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A pistol grip.
      • (ii) A forward grip.
      • (iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
      • (iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
      • (v) A barrel shroud.
      • (vi) A threaded barrel.

    • A semi-auto rifle that has a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (excluding rimfire .22).

    • A semi-auto pistol with detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A threaded barrel.
      • (ii) A second pistol grip.
      • (iii) A barrel shroud.
      • (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside the pistol grip.
      • (v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

    • A semi-auto pistol with a fixed magazine of more than 10 rounds.

    • A semi-auto shotgun that has any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
      • (ii) A pistol grip.
      • (iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.
      • (iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
      • (v) A forward grip.
      • (vi) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.

    • All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles:
      • (i) All AK types, including AK47, AK74, AKM, etc.
      • (ii) All AR types, including AR-10, AR-15, etc.
      • ...




    And, if implemented, such "assault weapons" are effectively banned (per Sec 922 18 USC):

    • Bans the importing, selling, manufacture, transferring and possession of semi-auto assault weapons (if it affects interstate or foreign commerce).

    • This ban shall not apply to semi-auto assault weapons otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.

    • It shall also not apply to military, law enforcement, etc. (Basically, everyone other than civilians.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  6. #6
    Member Array mbguy29577's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    305
    This woman is insane. How is she elected to represent the people? I also think she reminds me of the church lady (Dana Carvey) from Saturday Night Live!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

    "Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

  7. #7
    Member Array Momokahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    61
    By looking at this picture is this woman even alive ?? Looks like she would be a good candidate for the next "Scream" movie.

    Feinstein: Gun control faces uphill climb

  8. #8
    RKM
    RKM is offline
    Distinguished Member Array RKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, unless the person already has it lawfully prior to implementation of this proposed AWB. (If I'm reading it correctly.)


    Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (proposed): summary, and bill text.

    For reference and comparison, here is the text of the 1994 bill, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, aka the 1994 AWB.


    Basically, if implemented, "assault weapon" will have a new definition (in Sec 921(a) 18 USC):

    • A semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A pistol grip.
      • (ii) A forward grip.
      • (iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
      • (iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
      • (v) A barrel shroud. So deadly
      • (vi) A threaded barrel.

    • A semi-auto rifle that has a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (excluding rimfire .22).Banning firearms with FIXED magazines? What?

    • A semi-auto pistol with detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A threaded barrel. Good thing threaded barrels on most pistols are easily changeable.
      • (ii) A second pistol grip.
      • (iii) A barrel shroud.
      • (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside the pistol grip.
      • (v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm. Would this count the G17, since the G18 exists? Is the G17 a semi-atuo version of the G18. Or is the G18 a full-auto version of the G17? Hmmm

    • A semi-auto pistol with a fixed magazine of more than 10 rounds. Again.... FIXED magazine? But a detachable magazine is ok? I see no reference to "high capacity" detachable magazines.

    • A semi-auto shotgun that has any 1 of the following:
      • (i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
      • (ii) A pistol grip.
      • (iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.
      • (iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
      • (v) A forward grip.
      • (vi) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.

    • All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles:
      • (i) All AK types, including AK47, AK74, AKM, etc.
      • (ii) All AR types, including AR-10, AR-15, etc.
      • ...




    And, if implemented, such "assault weapons" are effectively banned (per Sec 922 18 USC):

    • Bans the importing, selling, manufacture, transferring and possession of semi-auto assault weapons (if it affects interstate or foreign commerce).

    • This ban shall not apply to semi-auto assault weapons otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. So what does this mean? Lawfully possessed with the current laws, or ATF registration? On the date of enactment, meaning that on that date, you will need to have your "assault weapons" registered? Or on the date of enactment, if you're already in legal possession, the ban does not apply?

    • It shall also not apply to military, law enforcement, etc. (Basically, everyone other than civilians.) Does this mean privately owned firearms?
    This bill, to me, looks completely meaningless and stupid, obviously designed by somebody who has no understanding of firearms, their operation, and truly thinks they're dangerous based solely on looks. I've heard her say before that pistol grips are dangerous because it allows the shooter to easily fire from the hip. Well I must say that's completely INSANE for a few reasons. First off, I much prefer that if somebody was shooting at me, that they'd be doing it from the hip. I'd probably have time to point and laugh at them seeing as though they're not likely to easily hit their intended target. And how does a pistol grip making firing from the hip easier? You hold a shotgun with a regular fixed stock at your hip, and then one with a pistol grip, and you tell me which is easier. The pistol grip puts your hand and wrist at a very awkward angle. Pistol grips, at least for me, are intended to put your wrist at a much more desirable angle when shooting from your shoulder. How do ergonomics make a firearm more dangerous? Forward grip, again, dangerous ergonomics!

    It's just complete, senseless, meaningless nonsense that will do nothing to prevent anything. Only make people who are against guns somehow feel safer since all of those scarey looking guns are banned. the murder rate will PLUMMET!

  9. #9
    Member Array thoricuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hebron KY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    This bill, to me, looks completely meaningless and stupid, obviously designed by somebody who has no understanding of firearms, their operation, and truly thinks they're dangerous based solely on looks. I've heard her say before that pistol grips are dangerous because it allows the shooter to easily fire from the hip. Well I must say that's completely INSANE for a few reasons. First off, I much prefer that if somebody was shooting at me, that they'd be doing it from the hip. I'd probably have time to point and laugh at them seeing as though they're not likely to easily hit their intended target. And how does a pistol grip making firing from the hip easier? You hold a shotgun with a regular fixed stock at your hip, and then one with a pistol grip, and you tell me which is easier. The pistol grip puts your hand and wrist at a very awkward angle. Pistol grips, at least for me, are intended to put your wrist at a much more desirable angle when shooting from your shoulder. How do ergonomics make a firearm more dangerous? Forward grip, again, dangerous ergonomics!

    It's just complete, senseless, meaningless nonsense that will do nothing to prevent anything. Only make people who are against guns somehow feel safer since all of those scarey looking guns are banned. the murder rate will PLUMMET!
    Especially when you consider that the ATF determined that Pistol Grips do have a sporting purpose.

  10. #10
    Member Array slidewayz240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    395
    I hope I am not the only one who sat here for quite some time and read the WHOLE thing... is it just me or did they pull the "allowed" rifles out of a history book? Maybe it is just my young age, but I have never heard of half of those "allowed" rifles or at least the companies that produce them, and I am sure that if you did find them somewhere they would cost a pretty penny. Jesus this woman is an idiot...

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,627
    I don't trust anyone with beady eyes and bloated face.
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array SigPapa226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    588
    No problem - this bill will almost instantly create at least a hundred million criminals in this country. Criminals do not have to obey any stinken laws. Therefore we have nothing to worry about since we will all be criminals.
    MACC12, bklynboy and J.Thompson like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

  13. #13
    Member Array FUZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    75
    She's just mad that she took a bullet.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

    -Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

  14. #14
    New Member Array baddog223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by FUZZ View Post
    She's just mad that she took a bullet.
    suppositories don't count.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    This woman is insane. How is she elected to represent the people? I also think she reminds me of the church lady (Dana Carvey) from Saturday Night Live!
    One word - California. "nuff said.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •