Gun buy backs don't work

This is a discussion on Gun buy backs don't work within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Who would hav ethought it to be so. I know nobody here ever told me that was the case. I can't think of a better ...

Thread: Gun buy backs don't work

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Gun buy backs don't work

Who would hav ethought it to be so. I know nobody here ever told me that was the case.

I can't think of a better place for the study to have taken place. The land of no guns, Australia.

Check it out
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Politicians had assumed tighter gun laws would cut off the supply of guns to would-be criminals and that homicide rates would fall as a result, the study said. But more than 90 per cent of firearms used to commit homicide were not registered, their users were not licensed and they had been unaffected by the firearms agreement.
    Well - duh ................... what a surprise
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    and yet, this will be ignored, I'm sure, and certain people will keep hailing Australia as the land of sanity and safety.

No matter how much logic, the antis will never learn. :)

Isn't It Amazing?...

that there is always enough stupidity for everyone to have a 'second' helping?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    I'm flabergasted, the criminals wouldn't sell back thier illegally possesed weapons, they must of had the silly notion that it would be easier to rob and kill an unarmed populus when they are armed...

Assistant Administrator
    This yanks my chain so much I have to post again!

I would like to ask anyone organizing one of these ''farces'' just how many criminal guns would they expect to get in? What in heck do they think is gonna make a crook or budding criminal, give up there ''tool of the trade'' for meager cash reward, when that same gun in a robbery might net them a whole bundle of loot.

Then there is the stolen guns aspect - well, I doubt if one out of a hundred legit' guns handed in would be seeing the stolen category - instead that could mean 99 honest folks minus a potential chance at defending themselves.

It's all down to this crass ''getting guns off streets'' and ''if it only saves one life'' crappola attitude. I despair of any logic ever sinking in - I really do
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I wish they would have a "buy back" program in my city. I have this old 1920's vintage shotgun I have been trying to get rid of. Sold originally for about $20 (My Uncle bought it) and today it is worth $0.

If they announce a buy back for $50-$100, I'll be first in line. It will look good with all the other rusted hulks and POS's that are turned in during these campaigns. Might as well get some "reloading money" for this old piece of scrap.

I know, I should hang my head in shame for thinking these thoughts but what the heck. If the "Dem's" want to throw money away like this and won't listen to reason, why not get some of my tax $$ back.
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

"Homicide patterns (firearm and non-firearm) were not influenced by the NFA, the conclusion being that the gun buyback and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia," the study says.
    As my 12 year old niece would say.... "Well...DUH!!!
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

I hope the person who divised such gets their butts roasted...

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Like amlevin sez,I got 4 or so weapons in the $25 POS catagory that I could trade in,and take the money to put down on a new hunting handgun.

Just a thought. When the buy backers hand you the money,do you have to sign something stateing that you will not use that money to buy another gun ??????? -------

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post
    Like amlevin sez,I got 4 or so weapons in the $25 POS catagory that I could trade in,and take the money to put down on a new hunting handgun.

Just a thought. When the buy backers hand you the money,do you have to sign something stateing that you will not use that money to buy another gun ??????? -------
    Yeah--but is it enforceable??

From Artz:
    Quote Originally Posted by Artz
    I hope the person who divised such gets their butts roasted...
    Uh huh...are you talking about that myth of accountability in government? I'm still waiting for that apology from the Clinton administration for the AWB...

Links