Magazine capacity limits (why is the left so stupid?)

This is a discussion on Magazine capacity limits (why is the left so stupid?) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As I listen to more and more people talk on the news about reduced "magazine clips" (I know, don't get me started) and other BS ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Magazine capacity limits (why is the left so stupid?)

Magazine capacity limits (why is the left so stupid?)

As I listen to more and more people talk on the news about reduced "magazine clips" (I know, don't get me started) and other BS I am left with an answer to why I disagree with mag capacity limits that nobody seems to bring up. For those in NY state for example, you have 7 rounds to protect yourself in a magazine. And the left says "why would you need any more than that?"

Has the left ever fired a pistol at anything? Have you ever, oh I dunno, MISSED!? What about multiple attackers? 3 bad guys against me and my 1 gun with 7 rounds sound like really bad odds to me. I mean, police officers who have to qualify to shoot their service guns are documented to miss many times during a shoot out (and who can fault them, I would imagine precision is hard to come by when lead is wizzing by your face!)

So why do the left suddenly think that my 7 bullets are now somehow magical? Apparently they think I NEVER miss and that a single .40 S&W round instantly drops a would be attacker.

I mean, I ponder this and think to myself, are they really that DUMB!? The answer saddens me.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

Not dumb, ignorant.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Yes!

VIP Member
    Don't confuse agenda-driven fervor for stupidity.
    383 and OD* like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    7 just happens to be the next number down on the way to 0...
    BugDude likes this.

I'll say it again, don't underestimate them. They are not dumb or stupid! They know exactly what they are doing! Their goal is not to prevent further mass shootings, it is to incrementally disarm us!!

Jim
    BugDude likes this.

VIP Member
    The thing with the antis is you just cannot derail their one-track minds no matter if it is mag limits, so-called “assault” weapons or background checks.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If it is in fact willful and blatant disregard for the constitution (and not stupidity), is there not some recourse? If you break your sworn oath when you become an elected official, can't you be removed? Why are they not being removed? This is so frustrating! I am watching my country be picked apart piece by piece and I can do nothing to stop it! A country I have seen family and friends bleed and die in defense of and a few leftist in Washington are killing it. I am righteously indignant to the point of rage and all I can do is sit in the middle and suck on it.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Saw the same tired talking points in an ny post article from ray Kelly today,who I used to respect, till I read this article
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

smolck, I feel your pain...I sit at my desk and think for hours what can I do to stop this madness. I do not have a large bully pulpit like O'reilly or Hannity. I am open for suggestions. I already am now a life member of NRA..I also belong to MCRGO (state) gun organizations. I just volunteered as a helper for a rally to our state capitol. GRRRRR
    smolck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rutcrazed View Post
    smolck, I feel your pain...I sit at my desk and think for hours what can I do to stop this madness. I do not have a large bully pulpit like O'reilly or Hannity. I am open for suggestions. I already am now a life member of NRA..I also belong to MCRGO (state) gun organizations. I just volunteered as a helper for a rally to our state capitol. GRRRRR
    I hear ya, but it just doesn't feel like enough does it. We need to vote all these idiots out of office fast or America the great will die.

Check out SweatnBullets article. He addresses these types, in 3 separate categories.

For example, you're dealing with people who are evil and want to disarm us, and they in turn take advantage of ignorant people who are unable to see the motives of the evil people.

The result is the anti-gun climate that we have in NY.

ETA: Here ya go:

The Evil, The Ignorant, The Delusional, and The Children
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Some of them really are that stupid. Seriously. However, those at the top who are really pushing this likely know the truth, they just don't care. It's hard to say which group is more dangerous.
    zacii likes this.

They are neither dumb nor ignorant. They know exactly what they are doing and why. It is called "Incrementalism." NY started with an arbitrary limit of 10. Now 7, then 5, yada, yada, yada ZERO. That's the end goal, this is just an incremental means to it.
    phreddy likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

they dont care. They just have one thing on their agenda. We all know what that is. Total disarm and total control. Stay safe and carry on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links