10 round legislation query

This is a discussion on 10 round legislation query within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Greetings, new legislation says that a 10 round max will be placed on all guns. That we will have to 'dispose' of anything above. Anyone ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stevew

Thread: 10 round legislation query

Greetings,
    new legislation says that a 10 round max will be placed on all guns.
    That we will have to 'dispose' of anything above.
    Anyone know if keeping one's 15 mag and only putting 10 in is legal? Or if it is allowed/possible to buy a 10 round mag and put it in the gun? Not experienced with this type of issue and don't want to dispose of my guns because of new law. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Lets start by asking what new legislation are you referring to? Is this some state legislation or are you referring to that monstrosity by DiFi that will probably go nowhere? Or are you referring to that steaming dung pile passed in NY that limits people to 7 rounds and says that if magazines hold more than that they must only load them to 7? Without knowing exactly what legislation you are referring to, it is impossible to say whether or not something would be legal.

If you are referring to the joke in the Senate, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about being compliant with that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JOURDAN View Post
    Greetings,
    Anyone know if keeping one's 15 mag and only putting 10 in is legal? Or if it is allowed/possible to buy a 10 round mag and put it in the gun? Not experienced with this type of issue and don't want to dispose of my guns because of new law. Any suggestions are welcomed.
    Except in New York, there is no requirement under existing proposed bills to dispose of any firearms or components. In the event one should pass, as it did in New York, there will be legal challenges to that law... California has such a ban, already in place. And there, my understanding is that the law has been largely ignored. Civil disobedience, if you will.

The choice of complying with a law, is your own... It is a choice. you can obey it or not... you can be a criminal or not... if you are discovered, you can fight the law as unjust and unconstitutional... you might be vindicated. You might never be able to own guns again, legally.

We don't allow for suggesting someone break the law on this forum... We don't allow for admitting one is doing so, which might encourage others to do so.

In the end, if you chose to break a law, it's on you. The consequences are yours to bear.

If you have convictions and principles that prompt you to break a law on principle, good for you. But, there may be consequences. God speed.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOURDAN View Post
    Greetings,
    Welcome to the forum.

If you need legal advice on how to comply with specific legislation, you should hire a qualified attorney.

Asking strangers on an internet forum for legal advice is not wise.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Yes the entire gun and all mags must be disposed of. I am an authorized disposal point. PM me for shipping information.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Welcome to the forum. Without trying to sound too harsh, the forum's search feature is your friend. This has been covered before.

Links