Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

This is a discussion on Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jdsumner It's always sad to me, tho, that the 'doctored' version will be all some see. It won't matter that it was ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    It's always sad to me, tho, that the 'doctored' version will be all some see. It won't matter that it was doctored in the first place, nor that the full edition was later made available. Some are content to take 'news' as the bytes hit, and do no further research.

dan
    Yup, we saw the same things happen in the Zimmerman case.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    If you don't want to here the answer, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION.

The tape was edited to support the false claim in the headline.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    If you don't want to here the answer, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION.

The tape was edited to support the false claim in the headline.
    And achieved the desired effect, judging from some of the posts on this thread.
    Tuco

How about telling him that if he wants to save other children from the same sick killings that these "Assult Rifles are going to be needed to save your familys from a large mob in a case of civil disorder. Its happend before and it will happen again. 7 bullets wont cut it.. I know its a sensitive issue, but theres no reason to sugar coat it... Large cap mags and Rifles have there place. And to think, there are hundreds of thousands of people who own them without incident and just because a few sick people did sick things does not mean we outta give up our protection to keep all our kids safe if there should arise the need to protect them and this nation.. We need to stiffen up the laws on gun crime. You murder with a gun, You get killed with a gun or worse

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Very sorry for your loss. The perspective you bring is one I wish on no one, but I'm thankful that you have posted up your feelings on this tragic situation.

I think your 'anger' is justified, given your personal experience, but I would suggest that you consider that these politicians and officials understand, very well, the situation. They have an agenda bent on disarming the lawful citizens of our country and they use these tragedies as a springboard for their agenda. The mainstream media and anti-gun groups all support them, and give them credit and praise for their own purposes, but are just as guilty of trying to further an agenda that is not about making anyone safe; it's all about control and power over those that would disagree with them.
    Im sorry for not being more clear. When I posted I was actually pretty mad and not really thinking as much as I should have. I know the politicians by and large know what they are pushing is hogwash and its a power grab. There may be a couple that actually believe it but I doubt it.
    It is actually the media and anti gun citizen groups that fire me up.
    The media because they will jump on anything no matter how ridiculous or horrible it is to push the anti agenda while tip toeing around anything that doesnt support it.
    The anti citizen groups for one being devoid of any common sense and refusing to simply look at facts figures and crime rates vs gun control because they simply well just wont. And two, concerning this poor father. I know this man is walking around in a daze, trying to wake up from a nightmare his mind probably has so far refused to accept as real. And he needs to strike at something, so I would bet hes been spoon fed this stuff and is parroting it because he thinks hes doing something good.
    Somebody put him there in that room. I seriously doubt he would have thought about addressing anybody about anything at this point in his life without being at least nudged in that direction. And whoever nudged him to use him and the blood of his child to push any sort of agenda should in my personal opinion be taken out and horsewhipped.
    Ill shut up on this one now. Probably should have kept my yap shut in the first place on this thread.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Im sorry for not being more clear. When I posted I was actually pretty mad and not really thinking as much as I should have. I know the politicians by and large know what they are pushing is hogwash and its a power grab. There may be a couple that actually believe it but I doubt it.
    It is actually the media and anti gun citizen groups that fire me up.
    The media because they will jump on anything no matter how ridiculous or horrible it is to push the anti agenda while tip toeing around anything that doesnt support it.
    The anti citizen groups for one being devoid of any common sense and refusing to simply look at facts figures and crime rates vs gun control because they simply well just wont. And two, concerning this poor father. I know this man is walking around in a daze, trying to wake up from a nightmare his mind probably has so far refused to accept as real. And he needs to strike at something, so I would bet hes been spoon fed this stuff and is parroting it because he thinks hes doing something good.
    Somebody put him there in that room. I seriously doubt he would have thought about addressing anybody about anything at this point in his life without being at least nudged in that direction. And whoever nudged him to use him and the blood of his child to push any sort of agenda should in my personal opinion be taken out and horsewhipped.
    Ill shut up on this one now. Probably should have kept my yap shut in the first place on this thread.
    You got it exactly correct. I appreciate your perspective and thank you for it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Ghost,
    history and experience, good and bad, provide our perspective. I'd like to think This is a place where one, who's history and experience bad as your's, is not only welcomed, but encouraged to be shared. Thank you for being open enough to share a terrible experience, and knowing enough history of the press and its 'techniques', to inform us.

dan
    TX expat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Where is the vitriol? He bought himself into the 2nd Amendment argument, and got answers to the questions he asked.
    I saw some harsh criticism on the first page. I don't agree with the dude, but tens of millions of Americans do, and of all the ways to defend the 2A, arguing with this man is one of the least effective ways to go about it.

Like I said, live to fight another day. There is no gain for the cause.

Cold,
    see the link in my post at #28.

perhaps, a moderator could replace the chop job with the full interview/press release?

dan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I saw some harsh criticism on the first page. I don't agree with the dude, but tens of millions of Americans do, and of all the ways to defend the 2A, arguing with this man is one of the least effective ways to go about it.

Like I said, I saw no harsh criticism. The day is here.
    TX expat likes this.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The day is here.
    THIS!!!!

Also, this man was, you guessed it, on Peers Morgun tonight. Video was edited for British Content.
    TX expat likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Breaking news on Weasel Zippers - MSNBC faked the video. Any surprised by this?

post #28

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post

Correct,as I said earlier,if you want to convince people to come over to your side,this wont do it.
    If you want to feel good about your own position this works very well. It's like patting yourself on the back.
    The more reasonable the pro-gun people appear to be (in the minds of the unconvinced),the better chance of getting more people on your side. That is,if you actually want more people on your side.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Correct,as I said earlier,if you want to convince people to come over to your side,this wont do it.
    If you want to feel good about your own position this works very well. It's like patting yourself on the back.
    The more reasonable the pro-gun people appear to be (in the minds of the unconvinced),the better chance of getting more people on your side. That is,if you actually want more people on your side.
    I'm pretty sure that silently allowing the antis to demonize, vilify, mis-characterize and browbeat law-abiding 2A advocates won't win hearts and minds anytime soon. We won't seem "reasonable" until we submit to their demands for more and more restrictions.
    Tuco

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links