Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists - Page 5

Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

This is a discussion on Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.fcc.gov/complaints FCC complaints page. This is happening all too often....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

FCC complaints page.

This is happening all too often.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

Wow, I don't care who you are thats just wrong!
    My best friend and shooting buddy in CT was THERE for the hearing, and there was no "heckling." People spoke out loud during the testimony, which of course is rude, but there was no harassment or yelling to distract or embarrass.

Don't believe everything that's reported by the lame stream media.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe it's time we took a hard look at the First Amendment and made it a crime to alter a news clip or story to twist what really happened punishable by hefty fines and jail time,then see how quick journalists cry out about their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

The foundation has already been laid in the concept of not creating a public danger; the "shouting fire in a movie theater" argument. I have mixed feelings about this. While I admit the idea of holding them to account for their subversive actions appeals to me greatly, at the same time I feel uneasy at the notion of further encroachment of another Right. On the other hand, they have control of the broadcast media so perhaps a higher standard is in order!

Yeah, the full footage didn't show anything inappropriate. I originally thought he was interrupted. My bad.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    That's a bunch of lame stream media BS! The tape was edited by PMSNBC to make it look that way. I saw the unedited version on Fox, and that claim is bogus.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    That's a bunch of lame stream media BS! The tape was edited by PMSNBC to make it look that way. I saw the unedited version on Fox, and that claim is bogus.
    True

Hannity showed the two clips - NBC version did not show initial question where he asked the audience the question. Both clips then shoe him making a statement/question as to why anyone in the room needs one of these 'assault style weapons'. He pauses for about 3 seconds, and then re-iterates that no one can answer his question. It was after this that several people respectfully answered the question (since apparently he actually did want an answer). The audience was respectful, and did not answer his question initially, not sure if it was retorical or not. Only after his long pause, and re-iterating that he was actually looking for an answer did anyone in the audience actually answer.

The other part cut out by NBC was after the moderator asked that the attendees not talk during the speaker's time, the speaker, seemingly not upset at all that people had actually responded to his question, quietly states "Anyway, we're all entitled to our own opinion, and I respect their opinions and their thoughts", and then he ask that they respect his opionion also and consider that is could have been their kid that was killed.

The speaker seems like a stand-up guy - a guy that is still mourning the loss of his son. I respect him, but I still disagree with him.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Steve Capus, the (former) president of NBC News is out. No word on whether he was fired or resigned, but he just signed a long term contract last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    Why are family members of the Newtown victims being given a public forum to voice their opinions?

I'm not trying to sound uncaring but who decided that these people's input was needed on legislation or gun ownership?
    Those who oppose what we know to be correct and true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Correct,as I said earlier,if you want to convince people to come over to your side,this wont do it.
    If you want to feel good about your own position this works very well. It's like patting yourself on the back.
    The more reasonable the pro-gun people appear to be (in the minds of the unconvinced),the better chance of getting more people on your side. That is,if you actually want more people on your side.
    Reasonable and anti-gun do not mix. They are the most unreasonable people out there. You can talk facts, violence stats from the fbi, show them that an AR can be fun to hunt with and everything. They don't care and will always say "you don't need it, only military does blah blah". Until you put them in their place and speak loudly so you can be heard and not ignored, the fight is going to be one sided.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Dont ask a question if you dont want an answer
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    Short quiz........... multiple choice.

First Amendment to the Constitution:
    Authorizes free speech for official State news agencies.

Protects the individual's right to own quill pens and 18th century manual printing presses.

Recognizes inalienable individual right to free speech.

Second Amendment to the Constitution:
    Authorizes posession of arms by the Army and National Guard.

Protects the individual's right to own flint lock muskets and other 18th century arms.

Recognizes inalienable individual right to keeping and bearing arms.

It ain't rocket science
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

...I'm with this...it was a pity party and being too nice to shout the poor man down that got us Brady...it's time to answer the questions...and that's all they did...not loudly...not rudely...and they weren't heckling...

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Um, yeah... If you are going to put yourself out in a public setting like that and make statements that basically disregard or challenge the rights we have in this country, be ready for some pushback. I'm sorry the guy lost his kid and it's a tragic situation all around, but losing a child doesn't give you any right to think that your will should be imposed on law abiding people that had nothing to do with these events.

If he thinks he can spout off whatever opinion he wants to, and not get called out on it, then he's wrong.

...exactly...and lost them while they were defending the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...and all of us...if we don't speak for our dead service folks and LEOs who've died in the line of duty...they died for nothing...and that ain't gonna be said long as us old grey heads are around...

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    You go after my rights, I'm calling you out.

Everyone has lost someone, they don't go after other people's rights with lopsided bullet points.

...I give the guy compassion...I respect his grief...but I wouldn't have let his pointed (and probably rehearsed and coached) questions remain unanswered, either...that's what got us Brady....nobody attacked or was rude to him...but to have left those questions hanging there would have been the same as agreeing with him...and thank God there were some there that don't...and dared speak up...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Whether it was heckling or not,it doesn't help to convince some people to come over to the pro-gun rights position.
    You don't have to convince people who agree with you in any political situation,you have to get people who are undecided to change their minds.
    The guy lost a kid...he gets some slack,at least for a while.

...not if he wants to be spokesman for the antis...if he's grieving at home, fine...but he enlisted in the battle...and for the wrong side...we should be fair and even, but Mr. Nice Guy never won a battle...and we're in the battle of our generation...we lose this one and it's all over...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Tough freaking crowd. In my book he gets a pass. He has my utmost sympathies.

This is not to say that I think politicians should be persuaded by what he has to say, but I say leave him alone. Just let him say his peace and get off his back. Fight the fight in another room at another time.

This is also the most politically correct thing I ever remember saying.

...why is it rude, since he was answering pointed questions that NEEDED answers? What I heard was civil and came AFTER he stopped talking and AFTER he had asked for answers...

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    My best friend and shooting buddy in CT was THERE for the hearing, and there was no "heckling." People spoke out loud during the testimony, which of course is rude, but there was no harassment or yelling to distract or embarrass.

Don't believe everything that's reported by the lame stream media.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links