Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

This is a discussion on Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists (VIDEO, PHOTOS) Wow, I don't ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

Wow, I don't care who you are thats just wrong!

Sounds to me like they responded to a statement he made,questioning why anybody would need a so called assault rifle,even for home defense
    phreddy and carracer like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post

Neil Heslin, Father Of Newtown Victim, Heckled By Pro-Gun Activists (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

He wasn't heckled, he was answered. He got a direct response to a loaded challenge he issued for all in the room, which was carefully edited from the clip you linked. THAT is just plain wrong. He said "not one person in this room can tell me why you need these assault weapons or high capacity magazines."
    minimalbrat, OD* and Snub44 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

OK. The title of the news story is misleading. That is not heckling. But I'm sure it will be used. The man did ask a question.

The title makes it sound like the pro-gun people went after the man.
    minimalbrat and tcox4freedom like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Heckled? That was heckled? He asked gun owners for a reason to own such guns, he turned to them, and they responded...No yelling, no "heckling"... I believe I heard "shall not be infringed", and perhaps "second amendment."

Now, as to "not caring who you are," Bravo Sierra. I weep for the families of the victims of Sandy Hook. It was a horrific tragedy.

I can understand an emotional parent, particularly the parent of a victim, wanting solutions to the problem... But the problem is not the guns... it is the lack of compliance with existing laws, it is a lack of proper treatment for the mentally disturbed, it is the use and overuse of psychotropic drugs in order to "pacify" some of the more potentially criminally dangerous , with no real treatment, and no assurances that one stays on his/her meds.

The solution is not to ban guns, nor, honestly, to register every single legal gun ever sold from here on out.... Criminals don't register anything. Criminals don't abide by laws.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

As Judge Napolotano said..........we require the same weapons to insure our security from a tyrannical gov't as they would use against us......That's Why.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    When you look in someone's general direction and ask a non-rhetorical question why would you expect a rhetorical answer?

...Wow, I don't care who you are that's just wrong!
    76198e6b_Are-You-*******-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png
    Last edited by DontTreadOnI; January 29th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Um, yeah... If you are going to put yourself out in a public setting like that and make statements that basically disregard or challenge the rights we have in this country, be ready for some pushback. I'm sorry the guy lost his kid and it's a tragic situation all around, but losing a child doesn't give you any right to think that your will should be imposed on law abiding people that had nothing to do with these events.

If he thinks he can spout off whatever opinion he wants to, and not get called out on it, then he's wrong.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Some people need to learn the meaning of the word "heckle".

heckle ~ v.t. ~ to harass (a public speaker or performer) with impertinent questions or gibes.

translation: to harass a public speaker or performer with irrelevant questions or sarcastic remarks.

There were no sarcastic remarks nor irrelevant questions from the audience.

Certain members of the audience did respond to the speakers false claim that "not one person can answer that question". Unfortunately for the speaker, there was more than one person who was present that was able to truthfully answer the question.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Emotion is the enemy of reason...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    As Judge Napolotano said..........we require the same weapons to insure our security from a tyrannical gov't as they would use against us......That's Why.
    We havn't been allowed to own the same weapons as the military for a long time.

You go after my rights, I'm calling you out.

Everyone has lost someone, they don't go after other people's rights with lopsided bullet points.

Why are family members of the Newtown victims being given a public forum to voice their opinions?

I'm not trying to sound uncaring but who decided that these people's input was needed on legislation or gun ownership?

The anti blogs are already flaming away over this. My take, don't ask a question if you're not prepared to receive an answer.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Whether it was heckling or not,it doesn't help to convince some people to come over to the pro-gun rights position.
    You don't have to convince people who agree with you in any political situation,you have to get people who are undecided to change their minds.
    The guy lost a kid...he gets some slack,at least for a while.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links